Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Can WW ever be fun?

Does anyone ever feel that weight-watchin' can be a bit of a bummer sometimes?

Don't get me wrong, I really like that I no longer worry about whether or not a shirt clings too much to my belly, but other times, I remember pre-WW me and get a little nostalgic. Sometimes it would just be nice to be able to get that regular frappuccino with whip and be blissfully unaware of its 500+ calorie price-tag or eat a piece of cake without factoring it into my life like algebra equation. Any one else ever feel this way? Just something on my mind this morning

Re: Can WW ever be fun?

YES I have felt that way MANY of times! I think that is why I have fallen off the wagon so many times between last August and now- it was becoming a "chore" to me... but now I look at it as my life- if I want to grow old and enjoy grandkids some day I MUST factor in this life style change. :)

But I can totally understand where your coming from!

I do think of that mandee and i am sure there are people who eat and drink that. But i also know the people who do that, may only eat a half of a sandwich the rest of the day, or they eat the cake and dont think about food the rest of the day.Now, me i would eat the cake and drink the frappucinno and it taste so good i want another one. Or i drink and eat those things and thats a snack. Or i think to myself,"well i ONLY had a piece of cake and that frappuccino"
I always had a weight problem, so my pre-WW days were overweight days.When i ate/drank that stuff, i added other stuff also. My sisters could get away with not thinking twice about eating.drinking that, because they were not overweight, they were the ones who i described above. The didnt think of food 24-7.
I think its a matter of all how we think about food.
Of course i would love to do that, think like that and eat/drink like that.but my mind is not were i can weight

I think everyone on this board may have thought that before. I keep telling myself this is a life change not a diet, and if you want to have that cake or frappuccino than you have to pay the consquences. Everyone has slip ups and it's up to me to make sure I don't make it a daily thing. I think if you don't splurge once in awhile it will become more of a chore instead of a lifestyle change, and no one really likes to do chores right? That's just how I look at it.
Susie W

That last line should have read:
Of course i would love to do that, think like that, and eat/drink like that,but my mind is not were i GAIN weight.

The only way I can be successful on a daily basis, if I want something I have it.
I might not finish it all, but I certainly don't deprive myself, if I did then it would a boring chore and I know me I'd quit.

Just this morning on the way to the beach I stopped and had a frappacino, I didn't order the gigantic size, I got the medium and had them use skim milk instead of whole and I left off the whip cream.

It was just as good, but cut down the calories and fat.

It can be done, and the program is so workable into anyones lifestyle....

Ah, yes, I do believe that everyone feels this way at some point if not perhaps all of the time! I feel this way quite often, HOWEVER, a few things that I have learned are:

1. There are many things that are reduced calorie that are rather tasty and a good replacement to their high fat/calorie counter parts. IE, the light frappucino's. I love those things. I've learned that I can have a grande (medium) coffee frappucino with 2 shots of sugar free syrups (I mix the flavors, last week it was SF caramel and SF vanilla, I think LOL) and this is only 2 pts. I can deal with that. Yes, I'd love to have the whip, but it doesn't make or break the drink for me. The drink is more important than the whip to me.

2. There are some things that I must indulge in such as my Aunt Cindy's homemade three layer cakes of German Chocolate, Carrot Cake, and also Red Velvet cake. However, I do this is moderation. She doesn't live close by me so when she comes for a visit or I go to visit her, I thoroughly enjoy having some of her cake/s. What I have learned about my body is that I can still eat these foods, but not all of the time and I must still work out.

3. For me I have to pick and chose my battles so to speak. My WW leader told us this at a meeting before the holidays last year, she said when you are filling your plate from the holiday buffet, check out the buffet first and then chose only what are true pleasers and not teasers to put on your plate. Don't waste your calories/points on something just because it is there. IE, bread is usually just a teaser to me, but dessert is definitely a pleaser so no bread but please pass the dessert! LOL

4. Flex points are a wonderful thing 'cause you can use them for those little things that we often think of as no no's.

5. Share with your family or spouse. I LOVE Cold Stone Creamery ice cream, but I find it is best if we order a large sized ice cream and then share it. I still get plenty but I am sharing it with my 3 boys and my hubby. We do the same thing if going out for dinner, say at a mexican restaurant, my fave! We order one flan and then we each have a few small bites and I am satisfied and so is my pocket book!

So basically pick and chose your pleasers and teasers and try to enjoy the pleasers but in a highly moderate fashion. Guess what? If you don't eat the whole peice of cheesecake today, it will still be there to enjoy tomorrow or perhaps a few days later. I've finally realized that I can enjoy what I love, but just in smaller portions and less often. It has taken me a long time to get to this point and sometimes I still waver from it but for the most part I always try to stick to this. My best friend brought me cuban pastries from Miami this summer, and I absolutely love them. I cut each one in half and then wrapped them and put them in the freezer. Now I enjoy half of a pastry when I really want one and I am just as satisfied from half as I would be from the whole. Why? Because I know that i can enjoy a half of a pastry any time in the future.

Well, sorry about the book. I just wanted to share what has worked for me.
Tammy

PS. Perhaps making a list of your all time favorite pleasers would help you. You could reference it and the point values of those things and then try to enjoy something from it once a week. You could always eat a very light lunch and then indulge in that wonderful dessert after dinner.

I am truly enjoying WW this time around because I feel in control of myself. I've eaten enough bad stuff in the past that I dont care if I never have it again. I like all my new choices and I'm very happy with the flex plan. The older way of doing WW was alot harder and restrictive.
"Tobes" say,.. nothing tastes as good as thin feels..is so true.
I know I can do this forever.
I lost 34 1bs in 17 weeks on the flex plan.
Study the WW plan and learn from others how to tweak it ti fit your lifestlye and it will be good for you too.
My mom and co workers see me eat and cant understand how I'm loosing. 3 girls at work now joined ww because of my and 3 customers joind ww that I know. I'm a walking ww advertisement.