Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Completely off weight loss subject, Help!

Tbanks for everyone's suggestions. I bought a Toyota Avalon. Hopefully it will do well.

Jen

The Avalon is a very nice car, nice drive..We almost bought one in 99 but then decided on the 4 Runner, mainly because I could see to back it up better...I'm famous for backing into things (lol) so that was a big factor in our buying...I'm sure you will have great years with it...Toyotas last for a long time....We bought our first Toyota in 1986 and never changed.....

Patty

Patty

That's is pretty much what everyone is telling me and like you I try to keep my vehicles for a long time. (Hate those payments!!!) Unfortunately I just finished paying off my Pontiac and got the title a week or so ago. Thanks everyone for sharing your opinions they really helped!!!

Jen

Jen,
I know this is a bit late in the posting but just wanted to add that hubby and I bought a 93 Nissan Altima in 96 and we still have it! It has been an awesome car. We've had to put very little money into it (knock on wood! lol) It does need some work now, but it is 14 years old so I guess we can't complain! LOL We had a Chevy Venture for our family vehicle and then traded it in for the Chevy Uplander. I wouldn't buy another Chevy van at this point. I think we both want to find a nice SUV or full cab truck for our next vehicle purchase. We like the Uplander, but we just don't LOVE it. The seats are uncomfortable, the Venture was definitely more comfortable, but the UPlander is sportier. I personally would love to have a Suburban but we don't have Suburban money right now nor the gas money for that bad boy! I think we'll actually look into Toyota or Nissan for our next purchase regardless of whether it is a car, van, SUV, or truck. I feel like they last forever.
JMHO,
Tammy
PS. My mom has a honda civic that is also OLD and it has been an excellent car for her. I know she has well over 140K miles on it. They get great gas mileage too.

Thanks for the input Tammy our next stop was going to be a Nissan dealer, but I was sold on the Toyota after driving it.

I have had my 94 honda accord for 7 years. Best car EVER!!! Good gas milage. (for this go to www.fueleconomy.com) really helps. But a word of advice from personal experience, DO NOT buy a SUV. There pretty but it's more expensive to feed the truck than me. You can not go wrong with a honda. Trust me.