Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Day #20 of The Beck Diet Solution....(train your brain to think like a thin person)

Day #20....Get Back on Track....(are you ready?)

Have you ever eaten something and then said to yourself,'why did I eat that?,or 'Now I've blown my diet'....'I guess I should just give up, since I blew it"....'I might as well just eat what I want today and start my diet again tomorrow'......Do any of these sound familiar to you..now be honest!!!!! I have to admit the thought came to me way back when I first started Weight Watchers....If you have someone to kind of pick you up and brush you off and encourage you to keep going, it is really a help...If you can find someone to be your 'weight loss coach', it not only helps you but does make the journey much more enjoyable....
'It's destructive to continue to eat in an unplanned way for the rest of the day just because you ate something that wasn't on your food plan'.

Get Back on Your Diet NOW.!!!!
1. Acknowledge your initial slip... admit you made a mistake and know that just a little slip at the moment will not make you gain weight..
2. Recommit yourself to your diet... Read your Response cards you wrote.. about why you want to lose the weight....(do you remember where you put those cards you made in the first chapter???) Remember you are suppose to read them several times a day when you are tempted or when you feel like you are losing your way....
3. Draw a symbolic line...Don't give yourself until tomorrow to get back on track.. Instead say, 'Here's the line, right here, where I stop this unplanned eating..Either brush your teeth, go for a walk, anything to get your mind off of it...How about calling a friend?....You have to change your thinking for the moment....
4.Give yourself credit for stopping...at any point...You might have made a mistake but if you stopped and changed your behavior, then you need to pat yourself on the back...You could have very well kept right on eating..BUT you didn't, you stopped, took a deep breath, a decided you were a better person for making this decision to stop...Just go ahead a pat yourself on the back again...you deserve it....I know how hard it is to do that.....
5. Continue to eat normally.....Some people would think since they ate something they shouldn't have eaten that for the rest of the day they need to eat very little to make up for what they had before..Not so...just get back on track eating what you would have if this had not happened. Too many people want to punish themselves and not eat anything else the rest of the day. You will begin to resent your new eating plan if you punish yourself..
6. Learn from your mistakes....Think about your mistake and think ahead how you will deal with it if the time comes again....You have to plan and practice what you will do....for example....
..Forget to review your Advantage cards..
..Neglect to plan your food?
..Forget(or not bother) to have your planned food available?
..Meet up with someone who pushed food on you?
..try to eat like the other people you were with?
..Encounter an unexpected trigger?
..Wind up surrounded by food you hadn't planned to eat?

This is the GET BACK ON TRACK response card...
"If I've eaten something I shouldn't, I haven't blown it. It's not the end of the world. I can start following my plan again right this minute. Just because I made a mistake doesn't mean I should keep on eating. That makes no sense. It's a million times better to stop now that to allow myself to eat more."

Ok....next will be Day #21...GET READY TO WEIGH IN....

Re: Day #20 of The Beck Diet Solution....(train your brain to think like a thin person)

This HIT HOME more than you will ever know Patty.
Thanks
JeanCat