Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
ON Progam today Sunday 6/24

I decided yesterday to stop core and go back on Flex today.. I'm getting bored not having carbs and sweets, I lasted for almost two weeks, it did work I dropped two lbs.

The carbs you can have on core, using the extra 35 flex points, which my leader wants me to start using, but for some reason I used a few not all.

I feel more in control with the flex end of the program, my scale was up a few ounces yesterday, which is no big deal, but I would like to see it stay the same daily....
I've been eating an abundance amount of fruit, cherries, which are so good this time of year, but still I would rather portion them out, than just pulling out handfulls of them.

So today yes its flex for me........ and I will be on program 100%........

I have the scale on Tues, so today and tomorrow will be lite days.

Re: ON Progam today Sunday 6/24

In my thinking I would not do well on core since I got in trouble by not knowing when to stop eating and I do not know if I am able to distinguish my comfort level yet or if I ever will. Soooo...flex it is for me. Not having the carbs would make me think it were more of a die..t and not a lifestyle as I am planning it to be. Got to go do a Leslie DVD before church to earn a few APs so have a great day..

I agree Cheryl, on the mind set for CORE. Wow Tobe,2 weeks already, didn't seem that long.

OP today,just had my breakfast.Omelet with feta cheese,whole wheat toast. Water,water,water.

Going to pack some fruit and water to take to work,today is my "Friday", have tomorrow off.

Orange roughy is on the menu for dinner.

Dessert may be Mississippi Mud Brownies, if i buy the stuff to make them.

Toss in some AP and i will call it a OP day all the way.

Staying OP produces results.

I'm OP today. I'll be spending the day cleaning and doing laundry since I'm taking the day off.

Honestly, Core has worked well for me so far. As far as portions go, I don't load up my plate with more than 1 serving of each item I'm eating. If I'm having chicken, I have 4 ounces. With it I'd add a serving of veggies on the side and a salad. Most of the time that would be enough to fill me up. If I'm still hungry, I go back for more veggies and 1 or 2 ounces of chicken (not another whole serving). I figure just because I take it, doesn't mean I have to eat it (which I know, most of us would clean the plate, but I have had a few occasions where I actually didn't finish what I took. A pure miracle! LOL!) On Flex, I would have eaten it anyway since I counted the points for it. I never eat just 1 specific food to become full, I try to have a variety. If I have grapes, I have 1 cup which is a serving, not an entire package of them. LOL! I wasn't sure I could follow Core in the beginning, but it's worked out pretty well so far. It's taught me to listen to my body and stop eating when I'm satisfied. I never had that before on Flex because I would eat even when I wasn't hungry just to try and get my points in for the day. I'm hoping I can stick to Core for as long as possible, but when I get bored like Tobe, I'll switch back to Flex. :)

I do WW at home, following my own direction, based on my Winning Points material from a few years ago. I suppose what I do is actually Flex. I've read up on Core, and collected a bunch of material. I find it interesting, and may yet try it, someday. But, I also am as yet uncertain if I'd recognize the correct 'stopping' point. Not recognizing when I've had enough has ALWAYS been a problem with me.... so I guess I'll just keep on doing what I've been doing for the time being. It works, and I am seldom hungry.

I must say though, that so much of this is becoming much more automatic with me. I can see living and eating this way for the rest of my life. It is, after all, a lifestyle that is very flexible.

This morning I had one of my favorites. I call it my veggie egg scramble. I saute until tender some green pepper, mushrooms and onions. I add 1 Table spoon of spicy brown mustard to the veggies when the edges of the mushroom show some brown. When the veggies are ready, I add a serving of EggBeaters, 2 egg whites, and one regular egg, (seasoned with salt and pepper and basil) which I've beaten til frothy. And then I scramble it all together. I don't know why but I LOVE this, and it fills to over flowing the little luncheon plate I serve it on. Some mornings I add some nuked chopped apple, which I season with cinnamon and Splenda. I mean, I could live on this stuff forever and not get tired of it. I've been working my program, in all its incarnations, for about 7 months now, and I STILL love this.

My lunch was a green salad, 1 cup of my hearty cabbage soup (Aimee, this MAY have orginally been one of yours, but I've added pattyjo's own little touches to it ). I also had 1 Hebrew National 97% FF Beef dog on a WW Healthy Life bun which I spread with a wedge of Laughing Cow lite Swiss. A tsp of honey mustard and 2 tsp of low sugar relish make it THE most yummy dog in the world.

I mean, folks, THIS is a diet? Heck no. This is just a fabulous and delicious way to LIVE.

Later, I'll have a ff vanilla yogurt with frozen raspberries. This combination is to die for good.

Dinner is gonna be a Boca on a plate with piles of lovey veggies and some amazing pineapple I find at my local store. Its frozen and sold in huge bags. I swear it tastes as fabuous as a freshly cut pineapple.

What a way to live. When my head's on straight, I look at the way I'm eating on a daily basis, and just marvel that I couldn't do this before now.

Anyway, I ramble on , so I'll stop.

cheers

pattyjo

Sounds to me like you really have it together
PattyJo

ummmm your eating sounds yummy to me, i just might try that egg scramble thingy, I like to have an egg in the morning for the protein which holds me for about 5 hrs till lunch...

I need new ideas so I don't get bored with way of life!

Variety is my key...

I too am OP today! I knew that I would be going out to breakfast with my hubby and step-daughter, so I planned my food for the whole day before we went. I don't usually eat a large breakfast, so I made sure that I would still be able to eat a good dinner at work tonight. I had a wonderful veggie and swiss omelet with biscuits, and I managed to save half for tomorrow's breakfast - which would have been unheard of for me before WW! What a great feeling to be able to enjoy a meal without overstuffing myself and feeling guilty!

I'm OP today and its been a big fruit and veggie day and my stomach is rumbling and bubbling..lol..WW style. I walked for one hour this morning the the hot south florida sun with my dog.
We went to the pool and now I'm off to see my in laws for a few hours.

Pattyjo,
I may have to try your veggie egg scramble for dinner tonight (minus the mushrooms for me since I'm allergic) but I'll make it exactly like you said for Rick. I never thought to put mustard in eggs before. Rick LOVES mustard of any kind, so this is right up his alley. LOL! Thanks!