Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: How was the weekend?

I have to treat the weekends like every other day and stay OP. First time around, I was slack on the weekends and it took me 2 years to reach my goal. I vowed this time not to do that. I do find the weekends tough though. Didn't do extremely well this past weekend, but I am still within my weekly points. Have a great day!

I'm with you Jill. I'm tired of playing around. I'm ready to get to goal. I played around off and on the last time I did this too. I'm just tired of being fat and out of shape, not to mention I'm tired of eating junk and sweets that only make me feel bad afterwards.

I think for some weekends are hard because if they work a 'normal'week, they have Saturday-Sunday off. And its so easy to slip back into old habits or do the justify thingee, "Oh i worked so hard all week, i will reward myself by eating".....
I also treat the weekends like any other OP day. MY Op is not 5 days long

I had a pretty good weekend! Saturday, nothing special wanted to cheat REALLY bad, but did just a little. Sunday, I had a family cookout. It was mostly all low fat and they didn't even know it. How cool is that! The men wanted brats, ok that's not great but I didn't eat them. I had ground round burgers, 1 pt. buns (took everything out of packages so they didn't know. Plenty of fruit, homeade salsa. Light chips and I made my taffy apple salad and the cake the Tobe made last weekend. The one thing I did have, which I saved my points for was wine! So all in all I did great and so did everyone else without really knowing it which made it even better!

Really I try to tell myself it is just another day and not to look at it as it's the weekend so I can sluff off. It is hard to do, some days are really good some not.

Weekends are the easiest for me since I work both days.. Even though I work with food...I'm not as tempted as I was before WW days...My days off during the week are probably harder but then i try to keep busy..I have a "retired" hubby at home, he is always under my feet along with the kitties..I know one thing....when we remodeled the kitchen about 10 years ago we should have made a bigger kitchen so "retired" hubby wouldn't be under my elbow all the time....Nobody warned me about that.....

The weekends used to be hard but the longer I do WW the easier it gets. You get to learn ways to have a nice weekend and eat food that you enjoy that low in points and healthy.
We usually BBQ chicken sausage that I buy homemade at a Italian shop and have corn watermelon and a big salad for dinner. Its truely more delicous than any fattening food.

We eat McDonald's alot with the kids on weekends. I used to dread going (not getting a dbl cheeseburger is hard) but now I love going. I'm in LOVE with the grilled chicken bacon ranch salad (no dressing). I'd much rather have it than my cheeseburger now. I don't want to say you get used to it, but you get to where you like making better choices for yourself.