Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Started CORE today

I decided to give CORE a try - have been mulling it over for a while now - but I seem to be at a standstill with my efforts doing FLEX so I figured what the heck.

So far I have eaten:

No breakfast - had to go grocery shopping - just back from vacation

Lunch- Salad with 2 tsp olive oil and balsamic vinegar with grilled chicken breast and 1/4 of an avacado. WHAT IS A GOOD FF dressing?

Snack- FAGE FF yogurt (good stuff - tastes like real sour cream) and a bananna

Dinner - Having meat loaf with mushrooms and sliced local tomatoes (they smell wonderful) corn, and watermelon for dessert.

Dessert - Oh I already said watermelon didnt I - but I might splurge and use 2 pts for my WW mint choc. chip ice cream cup - see how I feel.

Those of you following CORE - lets see a sample of your daily menu. I think I would probably come pretty close to the same points level although I probably wouldn't have planned meatloaf on FLEX.

I am going to try this for a week and see if it budges things a little.

Marilyn

Re: Started CORE today

Theres a lot of good FF dresssings out there in the market.

FF THousand Island, which is my favorite.
and good one is FF French, its also according to your taste Marilyn.

You can eat all the whole wheat pasta you want and also brown rice, again eat till your satisfied not full.

When I was doing core last week, my typical day was

Break 2 eggs with peppers and onions, FF pepperjack cheese

Lunch Can of White tuna in water with mustard, celery, onion
or
large salad with cut up chicken

a handfull of cherries, or melon of some sort, cantelope, watermelon, honeydew, nectarines, most fruits are core

Dinner, chicken Shrimp Lean Pork Loin
brown rice with celery peppers onion, garlic, done in a lite soy sauce, or maybe a lite marinara sauce to make it kind of spanish.

or baked potato or sweet potato

later at nite more fruit...... or a WW 2 pt ice cream
(using my 35 flex points)

in the afternoon, a smoothie with 1 cup FF milk, banana
and strawberries.........

at the end of the day I added the points, I was consuming maybe 22 to 24 per day....

Re: Started CORE today

Marilyn,
Congratulations on coming over to the Core side. LOL! I actually do a modified version of Core. I don't eat bread, potatoes, or rice. If I eat pasta (which is only once a week if that), it's a very small amount with just 1 serving or even less. I haven't had any rice yet, but if I decide to eat it, I will measure it and keep it to just 1 serving, not until I'm satisfied, because when it comes to those kinds of carbs, for some reason, I can eat and eat and eat and never be satisfied with them. I also try not to use any flex points or as little as possible. I don't eat fudge bars or other low point desserts (they just make me crave more and I can't control myself around them - which is one of the reasons I switched to Core). Since I've cut that stuff out, I don't have cravings anymore. If I want something sweet, I have an apple or fat free yogurt or even sugar free jello. Surprisingly it does the trick for me.

For breakfast I usually have egg beaters with canadian bacon. Sometimes I throw in some peppers and onions or thanks to PattyJo, some brown mustard. :) Sometimes I'll have polenta sliced and baked.

My lunch varies from salad with grilled chicken on top to tuna salad or chicken salad, egg salad or ham along with some grapes or a small apple or sometimes I just have sugar free jello.

Dinner is usually chicken (cooked in various ways - I eat a lot of chicken), fish, lean steak, sometimes turkey or ham, and sometimes I make an omelet (who says you can't have breakfast food for dinner? LOL). I try to add veggies to my dinner even though I really hate most veggies.

And I've been drinking LOTS of water and trying to limit my diet soda intake.