Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Wailing at the Scales

Well, I went to WI yesterday and was up .4 pounds. I wasn't totally suprised (TOM). I weighed this morning and I am down 2.2 pounds. Guess I should've waited until today to go to meeting and WI. I HATE THE SCALE!!(LOL) Anyway, next week's WI will tell the true story. Have a great day!

Re: Wailing at the Scales

I agree Jill the scale is a bummer!!!

I also was up in WI but thats ok, its another week to work and walk it off.

I just came back, took a long walk alone, without the dogs, they dilly dally and I was on a mission to get it done.....

I'm on the way out to do MORE 'food shopping' haha, what else is new????

No beach today, expected thunderstorms.

I go through that same thing. I wake up in the morning and weigh at a lower weight than when I go to WW and weigh in at a higher one at lunch even if I haven't eaten anything. Very tricky and discouraging. I know it is said that every scale is different but thats just not fair! I feel your pain.

This is worth re-posting:

5 tips for making the scale serve you

Instead of becoming a slave to your bathroom scale, turn the tables and make it work for you:

1. What will you do with this information? If losing weight makes you feel like celebrating with chocolate cake, or gaining weight causes you to throw up your hands and eat everything in sight, skip the scale. On the other hand, if you use the information on the scale, either up or down, as just one link in your network of strategies, then it may be beneficial.
2. Only weigh yourself first thing in the morning. Weighing after each meal, after exercise to see how much you "burned" off (it's more likely lost water due to sweating than actual body fat right after exercise), or when you've overeaten to see how great the damage is just aren't effective. In fact, they can cause more harm than help.
3. Most scales are inherently inaccurate, so don't rely on the numbers too much. Instead of the exact number, look for trends. No one knows exactly how much you weigh unless you tell them!
4. Our weight fluctuates daily due to changes in hydration and menstrual cycle. Sometimes what we think is extra body fat is really just water retention.
5. Develop other weight control strategies that don't include the scale. Some women can tell if they're on track by the way their pants fit. Look for positive markers of success such as following an exercise program, making healthy eating changes, keeping a food and activity journal or practicing mindful eating. The reality is that if you make positive changes in these areas, you'll lose weight. You don't need the scale to tell you you're succeeding!