Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: New Message Board - Categories

I can't wait to see the new message board Aimee. Sounds great. I wish I could offer some suggestions, but as I am a teacher, I tend to vegetate in the summer and not do any serious thinking (l0l). If I can get my brain motivated, I'll give it some thought today and post any suggestions I come up with. Have a great day everyone!

This sounds great Aimee! I can't wait to see the final product :)

Thanks guys! I actually ended up staying up until 3 AM working on the new board. LOL! I kept getting ideas and wanted to add them before I forgot. The only thing I'm having a problem with right now is when I try to upload my own avatar, I get an error message. The message board didn't come with any avatars already pre-installed, so I did a search last night and found a few avatar packs that I uploaded. I might have to go in and weed some of the avatars out though because some of the files are really big. Like the Christian themed avatars, there are way too many of them. I might have to go in and delete some of the ones that look alike. I was just trying to put a little variety in so everyone could find something they liked. I'd really prefer to upload my own avatar though.

OK,

Jeancat, I'm going to put your name in two categories. The first one will be something like Jeancat's WW Topics in Review. And the second one will be called Food Finds, but the subtitle will say "come share your fav new food finds and see what JeanCat has found for us". Something like that.

Sandy,
I actually already added the getting to know you thread. I've decided to call it "in the spotlight" and it will be a weekly thing instead of a daily thing. This way it gives the person being spotlighted a longer time to bask in their fame and give people a chance to read it. LOL! I'm actually thinking about putting Cheryl in the spotlight first since she's getting ready to hit the 100 pound mark. I thought she'd be a great way to get that section going with motivation and inspiration. What do you say Cheryl? :) I'll email her just in case she doesn't see his. LOL!

I'm still looking for someone to post the question of the day each day. Any takers? Akus? Sandy? Tammy? Anyone? Anyone? Anyone? I feel like that teacher from Ferris Bueller's Day Off. LOL! It's super not hard. The question can be anything from what's your favorite color to what's your favorite snack. Anything you want to ask. It's just something fun that everyone can participate in each day. Maybe bring some lurkers out of the woodwork. :)

Ok, I'm back to work on the message board again. TTYL!

Bueller??Bueller??? hahahah!!

I can do it!! :) Ive I get where I cant think of anything Ill pass it to someone else. :)

LOL! I love Ferris Bueller's Day off! I had a movie poster with Matthew Brodderick hanging in my bedroom when I was in the 6th or 7th grade.

Thanks Sandy, I'll put your name on the Questions section then. It's yours. :) Thanks!!!

I am just now reading the messages! I am glad Sandy stepped up to bat! When she get's tired let me know and I can help out!

I've always looked forward to coming here to read the posts each day, but now I am really getting very excited about the new boards you are creating!

Thanks for all that you do to keep us motivated, Aimee!!

Hugs,
Tammy
PS. Aren't you loving this cooler weather?! I finally have the windows open to air this place out!

I wish the weather were like this ALL the time. LOL! This would be great golfing weather, though I haven't golfed for like 3 weeks. I am golfing tomorrow morning though. We're getting up at 4:00 AM to drive to St. Paris to golf. We have to pick someone up on the way, but our tee time is at 6:35. At least we'll be done by 10:30-11:00 before it starts to really warm up. I'll probably come back home and sleep for a couple of hours. I doubt I'll get to bed early tonight. LOL!

Re: Re: New Message Board - Categories

Great AIMEE! Nothing like PRESSURE! Hee!
Seems everytime I find a food find, 'someone' beats me to it..But I will do my best!

April almost busted me! I was buying everything I could right and left to try and post about it! Hee!
Most of the time, the 'old timers' had alredy tried it! Ha! But again I will do my best to motivate others to try one new item per week and report! (YES including myself!)

I sort of wanted the thread to be a bit more than just food finds like: Food finds being # 1, gadgets, links, videos, magazine articles, issues, news, etc that has to do with healthy living and wt loss. Would that be suitable or acceptable with you?

I like your ideas. Keep 'em coming AIMEE!
I am sure what ever you 'cook up' we are going to love!

Love ya
JeanCat