Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The things i see

I work in a grocery store so i get to see quite a bit, without really going food shopping. Today after work i was walking up the aisle and seen "VitaTops" & "VitaMuffins", in the fozen food aisle. I did a double take, because 1) i never seen them and 2)I was thinking that you could only order them online....or is it the mix to make them, that you can only order online?!?!

I bought a top and a muffin. Waiting for the top to defrost.

Will let ya know how it taste

Re: The things i see

I have not seen them in our stores here but wish they were. I still have to get mine on line and I wait until the S+H are free so they are a little cheaper. Just curious as to how much the store charges for these things individually?

Cheryl,
Lol i had to dig my receipt out of the garbage, they were $3.79 for the tops and the muffins. I bought the BranBlue tops and the dark chocolate muffins.

I just had one of the tops, it was so-so,i guess with "bran" would should i expect. Hsve not had the muffin yet. Personally i would rather make my muffins, they just are moister.

Oh ,there are 4 each to a box, so that comes out to 95 cents a piece.

I have the chocolate lovers vitatops and I guess they are so so but the fact that they are only one point is what makes me enjoy them and keep purchasing them. I have not tried anyother flavor. They look more chocolatey than they taste and you can hardly taste the peanut butter in the chocolate peanut butter tops. I have not found a good 1 point muffin that I would bake yet. Do you know of any?

I dont have any recipes for one point muffins, but for the taste and the price of the vitatops, i would much rather eat something more point wise, that is enjoyable.

I have not tried the chocolate ones as yet, i did not run back to thaw one out after i tried the bluebran one.

When i do bake muffins i try and make mini ones so they are lower on points.

What grocery store do you work at? I would like to try them but didn't want to order them. Thanks!

Becky, i work for Giant Food Stores. A snack really has to WOW me, for me to go back and spend my money and my points on it. Vitatops is not a WOW factor for me.

I make (well use to) the chocolate bran muffins. They're 2 points each, but much cheaper. My mom makes muffin tops with the same recipe, just using a muffin top pan instead of the cupcake pan. I've never seen the vitamuffins or tops in the store and I'm too cheap to order them. LOL!

http://www.aimeesadventures.com/RecipeFiles/BakedGoods1/ChocolateBranMuffins.html

Yeah i make the chocolate muffins with a can of pumpkin, which i found off the hungry girl site.