Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Introducing myself

Hello, my name is Nikki,and I am a 37yo wife and mother. I am also a rambler, so you have been fore warned:)
I have been a fan of Aimee's since, oh, 2004. I only recently saw the message board and have been lurking the past few days. I am unable to keep up with the main WW community, too many posts.
I am an Onliner, I do not go to meetings due to cost. I started the program 9/1/03 and lost 60ish lbs before falling off 7/4/04 (my neighbors frosted sugar cookies started the decent I have off and on again made 1/2 hearted restarts, but my daughter is starting Kindergarten, I don't want her to have the "fat mom"; and I want to ride roller coasters with her. At my heaviest I was 400lbs at delivery. I currently as of this AM am 352.2, down 6.7 this week
SO
on a personal note (like my weight wasn't enough) I spend most of my online time at Terri Clark's web site. I am a shameless HatBrat. LOVE HER. I have made many wonderful friends thru the fanclub, the only one I've ever joined. I went to TX to see her in April and am going to KC July 21. I also like to read and play the SIMS2.
Thank you if you made it this far. I am looking forward to getting to know you all better.

Re: Introducing myself

Hi Nikki! It's very nice to meet you. I too was a lurker for some time before finally joining in on the message boards. Congrats for crossing over to our side . This is a great site for encouragement, recipes, and new food "finds". Welcome aboard, and keep up the good work with your weight loss!

Welcome Nikki! I'm really glad you decided to join us. Feel free to post anytime you want. :) Also... congratulations on your loss! That's awesome!

Hi Nikki, welcome aboard. I also am glad that you decided to join us..We have a really friendly bunch here.. You are off to a great weight loss this week, keep up the good work. I am one of the lucky ones and have maintained my weight for 5 years now. Currently am trying to get back down a couple pounds that slipped back on me...I still write my points everyday, that never stops if you want to keep it off. Any questions, I'm sure someone will jump right in a help you out...
About me..I'm 61, work part time as a food demonstrator at a Sam's club here in Ohio..I am married, have 3 grown kids, Aimee being my youngest. Good luck to you and keep right on posting...

Patty

Mom, you aren't 61 yet. LOL! Most people try to post a younger age. You.... you rush it ahead almost 3 months. Don't little kids do that? LOL! Next thing you'll be telling us is you're 60 and 3/4. LOL!!!!

LOL, aimee don't go and tell everyone I'm about to lose my mind....I meant to post almost 61, guess I left that word out.LOL(aimee catches me on everything, don't you aimee?)

Patty

Thank you ladies!

I should also mention I am 5'11" and big boned, thank goodness!

I do own both of your cook books and am making my way thru them. The last 2 weeks I have been menu planning and shopping to the menu, so I think that has helped.
I LOVE dessert. Ever since I quit smoking(when I found out I was PG) I HAVE to have something sweet after eating. My coworkers today thoughly enjoyed the lemon squares today for a birthday lunch.

I'm glad you are enjoying aimee's cookbooks. The money she makes from them helps her keep the site up and running. People don't realize how much it does cost along the way and how much time aimee spends on the site...I keep both of her cookbooks on the back of my countertop, handy to grab and make something really quick and good...I take something to work almost every Tues., the recipe taken from one of her cookbooks...

Patty

Nikki,

I also like to have something sweet after dinner...especially if I ate onions or garlic. I recently discovered that sugar- free Cream Savers (by Life Savers) seem to do the trick for me. I just love the chocolate caramel swirl flavor, and they are only about 10 calories each!

Welcome Nikki

Hi Nikki!
You are an inspiration! Thank you for sharing. Glad ou are not lurking any more and looking for more of your "rambling'!
Welcome!
Jean Cat