Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Strayed for awhile but recommitted yesterday

Failure Uki is just a feeling, and feelings sometimes aren't real...

I've been where you are a gazillion times in WW over the last 30 yrs.

I went back AGAIN in Oct of 06 and promised myself that this time I was going to hit goal again, and when I did I would faithfully go weekly to WW to weigh in and stay for the meeting no matter what.
Since Oct I missed one time, and I was away, but was on Program and came home and lost 2 lbs.

so it can be goal

I'm below goal now, and I still promise myself that I have to hit WW once a week still no matter what.

so far so good, its working and working well.

so......... if I can do this anybody can, hang in there, and hit a meeting as soon as you can.

Meeting Makers Make it... its that simple.

ukisuki,

Hi there! I too strayed from WW for quite a while, and just started again from home about 8 weeks ago. Don't beat yourself up about it. The important thing is that you are committed again. We all go through different things in our lives that can get complicated and make it hard to stay focused. You have to be the one to decide when you are ready, and you will be more successful since you made that decision for yourself. Good luck and keep us posted!

Uki,
i think this is my second, no third. ahhh let me think, this may be my fourth time, re-committing. So i started, again and again and again and again. Never think You are alone in this journey.

"Everything's in the mind. That's where it all starts. Knowing what you want is the first step toward getting it. "
— Mae West

Re: Re: Strayed for awhile but recommitted yesterday

Dear Uki,

Over a 30 yr span I have started and left WW so many times I have lost count. the time before 6/2005 was about 10 years prior. This time around it was for HEALTH not for looks or a swim suit or a dress or a particular event. Even so I put on what I lost and recommited again in January 2006.
I was doing very well until about 3 weeks ago. I let people and issues get to me. I think too I denied myself some REAL goodies. Even though I learned in WW that I need to allow myself some treats once in a while.

I am not sure why you think you went off program, but what ever it is I believe you need to journal it and work on it so that you do not allow yourself to go off for the same reason again.

I said in January 2, 2006 this is it! I can never stop WW and stop the meetings. I have missed a few, but only because of my mom in hospital.
I have had one binge since then a few weeks ago. That I wish I could say was on junk food or treats/food I had been missing. But the truth is is was over feelings and not missed treats.

I got back on the horse right away. The difference Uki is that you are BACK and you did not let too much time pass. You CAN do this and we are all doing it WITH you!

Keep on posting on!

Love ya
JeanCat

Uki,
I'm not sure how I missed this message, but I'm really glad you're back on track. I can't even tell you how many time I recommitted just in the last 2 years. I feel like I finally have my head on straight again. YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

A million thanks to all of you who took the time to read my post. I felt like such a failure to have to start again. Somehow, I felt like I was such a loser to have to admit that I had fallen off the wagon, gained weight, and had to begin again. I do realize that I am not beginning from scratch - I have learned so many valuable tools from WW before that I can apply again. I just need to figure out what sent me over the edge and be sure it doesn't happen again. In all honesty, I think it had more to do with feeling deprived than anything emotional. I just wanted to eat what I wanted to eat and the heck with the consequences. The problem with that is that the consequences stink! I feel terrible about myself and the guilt and shame are not worth it.

I don't know if I turned a corner or not, but that feeling of wanting to eat and eat hasn't been an issue since I recommitted. Before, I was tracking points and calories (don't ask me why) and I decided if I am going to do this, I will do it right. I only track points. I am trying to think less about food - plan my day and that is that. I think I became so fixated on food and eating that it made things worse and made me feel more deprived. Gosh, I don't know. I just couldn't do this anymore.

So... I am back and glad to be here and thank you to all who shared their stories and for accepting me back failure and all.

uki