Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: What do I eat NOW!

This was 16 years ago, but I want to say when I had all of my wisdom teeth out, I ate soups and shakes (how about the WW smoothies?). I also tried eating a hamburger which they told me not to do and a piece of it got stuck in one of my holes. That wasn't a good thing. Maybe you could make the chicken surprise recipe on my site. It's pretty soft and really doesn't require any chewing unless you put it on a bun. Oatmeal was already mentioned. Hmmmm. You could make some veggie soup and blend it. I don't know. If I think of anything else, I'll let you know. :) I'm sure your dentist can help you out too.

Sorry to hear you are having dental problems. I know they aren't much fun. All of the above are good suggestions of what to eat. I like to have a protein shake a day to get in a little protein. Maybe you could make one out of soymilk...Since you won't be able to chew it might be hard for you to get in the protein..They are filling and taste good. I also will keep thinking..Good luck on Friday and let us know how you are doing...

Patty

Oh my word! You sound like me. I actually went thru something like this a month and 1/2 ago. I only now have 1 lower rear rt molar left, and it has a crack. I have not had any speech issues, and I just try not to open too wide :) implants run about 2500 per tooth here, so I will be doing a partial. Thank GOD my front teeth are ok.

Anyway while I was healing, I ate a lot of oatmeal, noodles, soup, mashed taters, scrambled eggs (beaters), shakes. It will be ok. I wish you the best.

Thank you all!
Well I will be stocking up on
Oatmeal
Soups
Egg beaters
I will check out protein powders.
Main problem is I can use straws while healing *it unclogs the clot).
I will try the overcooked veggies too.
I also bought some jello and cool whip.
AIMEE thanks for the heads up on the ground beef. I would have thought that would be okay.
I will have to checkout the Chicken surprise. I first have to get throught the weekend of horror.
Not sure yet how I will respond to extreme hot or cold temperatures.

But if ANY ONE thinks of ANY other suggestions please let me know.

Paper work from the dentist office is no help at all. Says soft food; no straws. That's it!

Thanks JeanCat

Re: Re: What do I eat NOW!

Sorry to hear that you had a similar experience. I wouldn't wish it on an enemy (don't have any but wouldn't wish it! :).

Thanks!
Yeah if you thin of anything...
JeanCat

Re: Re: What do I eat NOW!

Protein shake is a good idea. Will get to the store for the powder.
Will drag out the old bullet.

JeanCat