Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Strayed for awhile but recommitted yesterday

Uki,
I'm not sure how I missed this message, but I'm really glad you're back on track. I can't even tell you how many time I recommitted just in the last 2 years. I feel like I finally have my head on straight again. YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

Re: Strayed for awhile but recommitted yesterday

A million thanks to all of you who took the time to read my post. I felt like such a failure to have to start again. Somehow, I felt like I was such a loser to have to admit that I had fallen off the wagon, gained weight, and had to begin again. I do realize that I am not beginning from scratch - I have learned so many valuable tools from WW before that I can apply again. I just need to figure out what sent me over the edge and be sure it doesn't happen again. In all honesty, I think it had more to do with feeling deprived than anything emotional. I just wanted to eat what I wanted to eat and the heck with the consequences. The problem with that is that the consequences stink! I feel terrible about myself and the guilt and shame are not worth it.

I don't know if I turned a corner or not, but that feeling of wanting to eat and eat hasn't been an issue since I recommitted. Before, I was tracking points and calories (don't ask me why) and I decided if I am going to do this, I will do it right. I only track points. I am trying to think less about food - plan my day and that is that. I think I became so fixated on food and eating that it made things worse and made me feel more deprived. Gosh, I don't know. I just couldn't do this anymore.

So... I am back and glad to be here and thank you to all who shared their stories and for accepting me back failure and all.

uki