Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Treadmill/Walking

Going to walk one mile with weights (Prevention--DVD)

Re: Treadmill/Walking

Walked on my new ebay treadmill for 50 minutes. I don't know how far I went, because I hadn't put the batteries in the display yet...

Uki

Re: Re: Treadmill/Walking

Going to do my walking Prevention DVD tape. 2.5 miles then do some cardio after that!!

Walk it Ladies!!!

Did the treadmill today. I finally put the batteries in the display and went 2.7 miles in 50 minutes on the steep incline. Yay!

Uki

Akus-
How do you like that prevention DVD - saw it in their magazine and thought it looked interesting. I really hate to exercise inside, but when the weather is bad or the gym is not open it would be a good option for me.
I have some Leslie Sansone walking tapes which are good - I need to find them, its been a long time since I used them.
Marilyn

50 minutes in the treadmill under my belt.

Akus, I am curious about that DVD too. Right now I just watch tv or listen to music while I walk. My treadmill does not have a power incline - could I still do I dvd with it, and just set it on the highest incline for the whole time?

Uki

Re: Re: Treadmill/Walking

Ladies, i use the DVD's only because of the way i work. My schedule is never consistent so i can walk at 1 in the morning if i want.....

I love the Prevention exercise DVD's. I do own 4 of them and 3 of them have Chris Freytag as the instructor. The other one ( a dancing one) i did not like when i first bought it, perhaps i should get it out again.

Anyway, the walking DVD's consist of 3 separate programs
A cardio walk that is 1.5 mile = 20 minutes
An Accelerated Workout-fast/slow walking segments, 1 mile=20 minutes
The Body Shaping workout-1 mile with weights=20 minutes.

Today is my toning day so i will do the body shaping walk.

Uki,with this DVD, You would not be able to stay on the treadmill and use this. You do move but its not one foot in front of the other all the time. You do leg lifts, squats,lunges,side taps, salsa.

I think You should look for an "audio" CD that has walking on it. As a matter of fact, if You want, this walking DVD comes with a audio CD, and i dont use it. If You want i can mail it to You. Just click on my email and give me Your home addy and i will mail it. I dont use it so its Yours if You want something different.

Marilyn as You can see i do like them. I did buy it on Amazon, it was far cheaper than any where else i seen it.
I been "walking" indoors for months. I also have the Leslie Sansone tapes but her walks are slower compared to Chris ( I am bias i love Chris Freytag)

I hope You both enjoy, now i am off to walk. I made Coconut cookies and Cranberry Fudge, licked the spoon ONE to many times
A

Walking The Body Shaping Workout, a muscle-firming workout that includes toning exercises.

I love using walking DVD's. I use Leslie Sansone. She is great. She mixes things up alot with weights. It's not just walking.. you do knee lifts, kicks, side steps and back kicks.
I sweat soo freaking much doing them.

I use many of Leslie's advanced tapes and increase the intensity my jogging instead of walking to the beat and some of the other moves she uses on her fast dvds to get my pulse up and burn 300 cal in 50 minutes. I don't stop till I have burned that many. I use a Polar 6 Heart rate monitor and it makes a difference in my workouts.

Did the treadmill a little differently today. Less incline, but a faster pace and did 3 miles in just over 45 minutes. Woo Hoo! I think that is good?

Uki

Going to walk one mile with the walking DVD, then get in some cardio/toning, with the interval workout i have.

An Accelerated Workout-fast/slow walking segments, 1 mile=20 minutes

I got my workout down to a 15 minute mile!! Yay!! Today I walked 3 miles on the treadmill in 45 minutes. That felt good and earned me some AP's for dinner tonight.

Uki

I feel so bloated, yuck.

Going to walk between 1-2.5 miles before i go into work, 12:30-9.......will be seeing shrimp in my sleep.

Warm up then,

An Accelerated Workout-fast/slow walking segments, 1 mile= total 20 minutes

Hey, for those of you getting a mile done in 15-20 min., what speed are you all walking? I was just curious. I warm up on my treadmill for about 4-5 min. on 2,2 mph and then walk 10 min. on 2.4 mph. After that, I turn on the incline and the ski bar arm things and go at 2.6/2.7 until the timer says about 40 min. When it's all done, the dial reads that I walked about 1.8 miles total. Does that sound right?? Seems like it should be more than that. Is it really about the speed or the amount of time on the treadmill that's most important???

Carrie,

I am walking at 4 mph on the steepest incline, but I don't have the ski arm things going. I have that option, but I haven't used it yet.

I think the mph/incline/time thing depends on the person. I vary my workouts to keep me from getting bored. The harder and longer you work out, the more AP's you earn, so set up your workout however works for you. Not as fast, but a steeper incline some days, and others flatter incline and faster pace.

HTH,
Uki

Carrie what is important is You are moving and walking for 40 minutes is great!!!

I dont walk on the treadmonster, i have one, i use to walk on it, now it sits in the corner lookin very pretty. Perhaps i should blow the dust off of it and commit to 10 mins a day to start.Keep me in pray ladies, me and the monster never see eye to eye.

Anyhows, i use walking tapes, and just go by the time & distance that they set.

Did my 20 minute walk with weights dvd this am.

I was so tired last night, but I got on that treadmill anyway.

I did 35 min. and walked 2 miles on about 3.0 with the incline on and used the ski bar arms for about 20 of those 35 min.

Uki - 4.0 on my treadmill is practically running! Mercy!

In about 30 minutes I will be doing my walking DVD. Happy happy joy joy!!!

Oh i did the treadmonster. My GAWD i was out of breathe!!
I did 15 minutes and never knew a minute lasted so long.

5 minutes each on the three levels of the incline treadmill.

I have no idea what possessed me to buy a treadmill that only has incline features.

Be interesting to see if i am sore tomorrow.

nope not sore, another 15 minutes today.