Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Whats your New Years Resolution???

Last year Oct 3rd 2006 I walked back into WW for the zillionth time and when I put my hand on the handle of the door, I vowed this is it.
A little late in making a resolution, but I did it.
in the 15 months I'm on WW I missed 1 Weigh in,
and this year I'm vowing the same, to stay OP and not
miss 1 meeting for the year 2008...

Jan 3 2008 is exactly 15 months in WW for me. its the longest I ever stuck it out...

Today its just my way of life, and now its just an easy way of living for me..

Re: Whats your New Years Resolution???

I am not making a resolution, because to me, a resolution implies that I wasn't doing whatever it was before, and that I am totally cancelling out that behavior. I believe in the mantra of everything in moderation and that is how I have been living my life since starting WW. I guess that's why core never worked for me - I need everything, but in moderation. So I guess my goal is to continue with this lifestyle of eating and exercising in a healthy and moderate way. That goal is totally attainable and reasonable for me. I have been doing it all along, and like Tobe, this is just a way of life. It is no big deal. I will continue to exercise regularly, eat moderately, and allow myself small splurges along the way for special occasions. This has worked so far and I feel great!

Uki

I will stay OP and attend meetings and go to the gym faithfully. Our leader the other day said the word for the day is "Non-negotiable" and that's how I plan to live. I've had a few "victories" that feel good and want to have more. I started in a 26W pants and yesterday I put on 18W jeans without a struggle to zip. At the gym I was able to move one of the machines to a narrow setting because my hips have gotten smaller. To "normal" people those may not sound like much but they are huge for me.
Happy New Year everyone

My first vow is to give up pop in 2008. I only drink Diet, but feel so much better when I go without!!
I also vow to make 2008 the year I put my health first. I hope on this day in 2008, I can say like Akus and Tobe that being OP is just a way of life.
Our hospital is going to offer a class for 14 weeks on Weight loss, I have already signed up for it. The closest WW for me is 30 miles away and in the evenings. I need to be accountable and this class will help me with it!!

My resolutions are as follows:

1. Continue on my WL journey. I'd like to be down a good 50 lbs. by next year. I think I can do it.

2. Be smarter with my money. Both hubby and I would like to purchase a home together in the next year or so but we'd like to eliminate some debt that we have. Which means spending more time at home, but I'm sure we can think of things to do to occupy our time.

3. Refrain from pushing my husband's ex down a flight of stairs.

Yep..that about sums it up.

3. Refrain from pushing my husband's ex down a flight of stairs.

(Too funny!!)

Same as Tobie and Akus and keep my online friends. I want to maintain and be healthy.
It the 1st new year I can ever remember not vowing I'm gonna get thin because i already did it. My vow to myself is not to gain my weight back.
You guys helped me alot thankyou.

Happy New Year everyone! This year I want to drop 40 lbs. by July/Aug. I think I can get that done. For those of you that don't know, I dropped 65 lbs. in 2007). With grad school over with, I can resume the workouts--I actually worked out 3 times last week; I was in the process of mentally ramping myself up and then I got ill. Anyway, OP this week and awaiting some results!!

Mine is to stay in the present- NOT wallow in the past, nor to worry about the future, but to focus on one day at a time.
Happy New year, every one!