Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Core or Flex

Just curious - for those following weight watcher, who is doing Flex and who is doing Core.

In the beginning I was a die-hard Flex follower until I hit a plateau and then switched to Core which I did for about 3 months and then switched again back to flex. I have 3 more pounds to goal and it is very very slow - switched back to Core today to see if it will shake things up a bit.

Which do you do?

Marilyn

Re: Core or Flex

I started out on Flex and did what your doing, went to core to shake things up, but guess what it didn't work.
Flex works for me...

When your body is ready to hit goal it will, I had to take my time with the last bit to get off, it came off in dribs and drabs of ounces, and a few slight gains in between,

I've been on maintenance now for about 9 months and flex is the way for me..

I'm on points. Never did core yet.

I've not done Core. I don't think it's realistic for me to give up the carbs b/c I know I can't do that for very long so I'll just gain it back. I like the Flex. Be sure if you've hit a plateau that you're not eating the same things week after week, day in/day out. I hit a really long plateau last year and got very frustrated. I was also doing a lot of working out and not eating my points--that's a no no b/c you need those points to burn those calories; it didn't make sense to me then, but does now. Someone on this board suggested eating new things and varying my workout. I did and I got results that week. So, if you're just 3 lbs from goal, think about what you're doing and try to vary it and see if that might work for you too. Way to go on being so close to goal!! That's fantastic!

I do Flex, i guess i am lucky or my body is a work in progress, i consistently lost week after week and did not struggle to get to Weight Watchers goal. I am a 2.2 pounds away from my own goal of 155. So i have lost 70.2 pounds in 42 weeks and had my first gain (.6) 21 weeks into the program. I also had 4 other gains during that 42 weeks, the most recent and biggest was 1.8m, because i could not stop at one cookie and one day of eating one cookie. But this week i took that off plus another .8.
I never thought of changing to Core, i think the reason i lose consistently is the exercise i do consistently. I am even thinking of giving the treadmonster another try.

I've been doing the flex plan since March 2006.I lost 30 lbs.Gained 11lbs. back and am now back on the wagon.