Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tobj

Give me the low down on the protein powder and how many points in it. I thought about that at the beginning of my ww journey but never did it.
I would put it in shakes I think.

Re: Tobj

The one i"m using I found in the supermarket.
its name is Optium
it has 1.5 fat
110 calories

so calculated its 2 pts.

I use it in yogart WW 1 pt Ameretto Cheese cake
with 1/2 cup fiber 1 cereal..

or in the blender with 1/2 cup water, cont yogart
1 scoop protein choc powder a few ice cubes,
it comes out like a starbucks frappacino...

its soooo good, I'm sorry I didn't start using it sooner, I'm down 1 lb from my weigh in yesterday.

Not to be used as a supplement for a meal tho, but after I have it I'm not hungry and don't usually eat lunch..

Flavors come in Vanilla and chocolate and of course
plain..

I use one too. My husband recommended it to me since I don't like breakfast. Mine is 200 calories for a scoop, so I do use it as my breakfast or in the afternoon when I am starving before dinner. Mine right now is mochaccino, I put it in the blender with ice and sometimes a scoop of PB. I use a half of scope of the vanilla flavor with fat free milk and frozen strawberries. Somthing different!

I'm going to try that. I have a ww powder for shakes..probably protein powder as well.
I need to mix it up..thanks.

I also use protein powder..I buy it at Sam's club but I'm sure other places sell it in smaller bags. Mine is the 100% Whey protein (can't have soy)..has 23 grams protein, 2 fats....2 carbs....I add 1 cup ff milk, 1 tbsp. cocoa powder, 4 pkg. splenda, and 1 cup crushed ice. If you add the ice you do need the splenda. My husband and I would have them for breakfast in the summer. For him I added the carnation malted milk powder. Through the summer we used a 6 lbs. bag. I just got a new bag and that is what I had for dinner tonight. It gets my protein and calcium in which is hard for me..It would be lower in calories with just water but we don't like it with water only....

I also have the WW smoothies here, but I don't think it has as much protein in it that the whey protein has.]

WW ingredients
110 calories
.5 g fat
sodium 60mg
potassiam 150mg
total carbs 13 g
dietary fiber 4 g
sugars 6 g
protein 15 g

whey protein powder
110 calories
fat 1.5g
total carbs 3 g
sugar 1 g
protein 23 g
calcium 150 mg
sodium 40mg
potassium 220 mg

so from what I'm reading the protein powder (2pts) has more value than the WW smoothie, ( 1 pt)

My whey protein is similar to yours but mine does not have any calcium in it unless you add milk to it. I think it tastes so much better with milk anyway. I'm not good about milk so that gets in 1 milk for the day when I use it.