Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
frozen grapes with a twist

Just thought I'd share - this is a good snack.

Take 2 cups red grapes - place in a large freezer ziploc bag with a package of sf jello powder (flavor of your choice - I have tried with cherry and orange). Shake to coat grapes and freeze. Taste sorta like skittles candies without the sugar/calories/points! 1 cup = 1 point or Core

Marilyn

Re: frozen grapes with a twist

MMmmmmmm, i love frozen grapes!! Thanks.

I love frozen grapes too, but right now they are very expensive. Can't wait for the price of fruit to come down. I guess it's been a bad year in Florida for fruit.

Yes it has been awhile since i bought grapes, at $4.00 a pound i can do without and since this is NOT grape season, that is why they are $$$$. Right now its oranges, that are cheap.

SWM did have grapes cheaper, but the were the size of this
. <<<<

They were tiny.

I'm not a big fan of frozen grapes (it's a texture thing for me), but I might be willing to try them again with the jello. Maybe by the time they're cheaper, I'll be ready.

LOL @ Akus and her example of how tiny the grapes are. That was funny!

Do you leave any of the moisture on the grapes so that the jello will stick to them? I love frozen grapes too but like everyone else I go with the in season fruits.

I hope I remember this one when grapes come down in price this summer/spring.

I don't really worry about the price of healthy food - I figure I was spending lots more money in the past on junk and if it's something that will keep me OP then I will splurge - I can still get grapes relatively cheap at Costco or Sams.

Marilyn

Re: Re: frozen grapes with a twist

I'd forgotten about them. They are sooo good. thanks for the reminder.

Good point!Your right!