Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Blood Pressure and Cholseterol Medications?

My husband was diagnosed with high blood pressure and high cholesterol awhile back but wouldn't agree to medication until recently. He now takes Lopressor for the blood pressure (154/108!!!), and they are calling in a prescription for the cholesterol today. This stuff runs in his family. Both his parents and all his siblings take medication for both. He exercises daily and watches his diet. Does anyone have any experience with any of these medication and how effective they are? I would appreciate any input you can offer. This is all new to me.

Uki

Re: Blood Pressure and Cholseterol Medications?

Not i sorry, but if his family all takes it, i think they may be the best ones to ask. The internet is full of information also.

I take both of those meds. B/P and cholesterol are both down within normal range. Haven't had any problems with side effects.

Thanks! They added Lovastatin today for cholesterol. He takes that one just once a day at supper. He is being very compliant with the medication. LOL This is a first for him.

Uki

Lovastatin is what I'm on also. I have a hard time remembering to take meds at times other than AM and bedtime so I have a pill container with my Lovastatin in it that sits by my place at the table so I can take it at dinner time.

Patty,

Do you take 20 mg or 10 mg of the Lovastatin? She started him on the higher dosage and he takes it at dinner too. He took the first one last night. The leaflet said the main side effect is constipation - shouldn't be an issue for him. LOL Guys never seem to have that problem!

Thanks!
Uki