Author
Comment
Weigh in today Wed 1/9

Patty
Cheryl
Marilyn
Becky

Re: Weigh in today Wed 1/9

I am up .6 this week. The week before Christmas I was .8 lbs away from goal and now I'm 2.2 lbs away from goal. I'm having a hard time with this last little bit of weight!

Becky- I am having a similar problem but I figure I just need to buckle down and stick with it - it will eventually come off (I keep telling myself this)

I am up 0.2 of a pound this week.

I am now 3.2 pounds away from goal after losing 70.8 pounds. These last few pounds are taking a lifetime. One week I lose a little and the next it goes back up. But I did go back and look at my weight tracker book and over the course of a month it is still moving in the right direction - ie: down. It is true the last 5 pounds or so is the hardest.

I switched back to Flex this week to give myself some more accountability to what I am eating and will see if it makes a difference.

Good luck this week and hang in there.
Marilyn

I was right where you two are 10 mo ago, I never thought the last few dribs were ever going to come, but eventually it did.. it took a good month to drop .2

You'll do it... and then????
the worst part of this new way of living is the maintenance, its harder than actually losing weight..

I'm still going to WW weekly and still journelling each and every day, thats the only way I can do this..

My WW leader said to the group yesterday,
Tobe is lifetime below goal and never misses 1 weekly meeting.. how do you think the receptionists and leaders do it, hellloooo they're there weekly in the hub of WW.. so I figure I can be there also..

my meeting and Wi's are free so why not go and step on their scale once a week...
I have nothing better to do on a Tues Morning

I agree with Tobi..the last few are hard but maintaineng are harder because you have that little voice in your head talking to you..everyone says I'm too skinny I can have that..I deserve that..I will just havd a little ..I'm not trying to lose anymore and before long the scales go up and it back to losing those few 1bs all over again. The last few 1bs is a lesson we will be doing forever if were good and its not 50 1bs like I gained back before.
You guys are doing great..we need a goal party on a chat site on nite.

9.3 lbs below goal.

I agree with Tobe. I get on my weight watcher scale every morning before I do anything else and it will fluctuate sometimes 3# up one day and even lower the next day. It just bounces around but generally in a 3# range.

I attend the WW meetings every week. It is the AA for me. Accountability. I also journal still. I just got to or I would be in trouble.

4th week into maintaining. I have to feel comfortable + or - 2 lbs either way, when i reach my own personal goal.

This will be the first time ever i will become a lifetimer, after 4 tries of doing it on my own after never reaching goal but thinking i could.

Like the rest i keep track and write what i bite. If i eat a little extra, then i step up the AP' points.

Thanks everyone for all of the encouragement! I know I will get there but I'm trying not to get discouraged when I'm oh so close! I know I will always have to journal as I do now or it would be very easy for me to be out of control again. I also know I will continue to go to the meetings. It is now a habit and I really like my leader as well as the others that attend. I think I will actually enjoy it more when I no longer have to pay them!

I will also keep going to my meeting once I reach goal - I love going so why not. I just really want to finish what I started out to do and those 3.2 pounds are standing in my way - perserverance (sp.?) is the key!

Hey maybe it will happen this week - this month - this year - who knows!

Marilyn