Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tobi

We all beat ourselfs up and need to stop. We did what most overweight people cant do..get to goal and live life and enjoy life. That means the scales are gonna go up and its no big deal. If we use all the tools we have and the support we have we can do this together.
I need you as much as you need me.
I never count points unless I gain and then I count to lose because I cant count forever. We all do this our way and thank god we found ww.

Re: Tobi

Thanks Lorraine

I put the bat away and took out the feather..
I've been pointing all day. I still need to write and count, it worked so well for the past 16 mo so I'm just going to do what I've been doing...

its really a nobrainer for me to think of what I want during the day for B L and D... and snacks in between...

I think at one point or anotber most of us are going to hit a stumbling block of "I don't wanna do this anymore" but in the long run we all know too well what happens. gain...... which is so much easier to do than lose it..

besides I dont have any fat clothes. they went byebye

If i dont count, i tend to forget what i ate and i eat more of a "bite of this" and a "bite of that".

I did think like You also Tobe, then i gained it all back a few years ago. Even this time, i would get those thoughts in my head and think. Ohhhhhhhh, i am so tired of doing this. WHY cant i eat what i want to eat!!..I answered myself, You can Kim,just be prepared for the consequnces of Your actions.
So count i do and i always have my tracking paper handy. I plan my menu's and know tomorrow what i am having, this is what works for me

There has been a few days that i did not count, not because i did not want to, i just would be in a hurry in the morning and forget to.

When i work i mark off my points for breakfast and my lunch, and i know what i can use for dinner.snacks

I may think i know how to do this, once i get to goal, and not keep track, but if that was true i would have not gained all my weight back before, and this would not be my 3rd time around the block with WW.

I do have to admit Maintenace blows big time.

but its all part of the process..

Maybe one day haha, we'll have this down pat

whatta think???????? yes, no???????? probably no..

definately no..

It is a lifestyle change - so maybe one day the things we need help with now, like journaling, may become so much of a habit that we don't have to do it anymore. I know (for right now at least) I need all the help I can get so I will continue to do what I know works for me.

I tend to plan ahead what I am going to eat the next day or sometimes plan what is for dinner for a few days in advance (since I have to cook for a family) and lunch and breakfast are easier to adjust. I also tend to freak out a bit when I haven't planned - not so good with just winging it - tends to lead to poor choices on my part.

Anyhow - don't be discouraged - look at what you have accomplished!
Marilyn