Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Benentino's Sausage

Just wanted to share this because I saw a post from Nancy wanting to know if these disappeared. I too love these and haven't seen them at Walmart anymore. However, I was just talking to my bff and she said that they've moved them to the regular meat section where the other sausages are at in her Walmart which is in Miami, FL. So try looking for them there. I'm looking tomorrow!
Tammy

Re: Benentino's Sausage

These sound interesting. Can you tell me about them?

Thanks,
Uki

They are great! I believe they are made with chicken and they have several flavors. Habanero cheddar, which surprisingly is not very spicy at all, smoked gouda apple, artichoke with mozzarella and I think there is one more but I don't remember the flavor. Anyway, each sausage is around 3 pts but it is a good size. I think they are 4 oz each. Very easy to cook and very tasty! My whole family loves them. I put them in a skillet with some water and let the water boil away and then brown the sausages up a bit. They are full of flavor and lots of cheese!
Tammy
PS. I DID find these today at SWM. They are where the other smoke sausages and hot dogs are at. They used to be up by the deli but they moved them.

Thanks, Tammy. I will be going to SWM on Friday so I will check to see if mine carries them. This sounds like something my whole family would enjoy as well. Thanks for the heads up!

Uki

Tammy, I did find the chicken sausages at SWM but it appears that Benetinos sold out to another company.

I don't recall the new name but they sure are delicious aren't they?

I remember Benetinos also having an Italian sausage flavor, a Philly Cheesteak flavor and a Pizza flavor.

these sausages sound so good...I love that kind of thing but worry about the calories and sodium content. maaj

NancyG,
Where do you live? I found the Benentino's brand at my SWM just this past week and my bff lives in Miami, FL and she has been buying that same brand all along. What other brand did you find? Are they the same flavors and points? I never saw the Benentino's brand in those other flavors that you spoke of..hmmm. Oh well, I'm just glad that I mentioned it to my friend and she told me they'd moved them 'cause my whole family loves them. Our favorite is the artichoke mozzarella.

I sampled and bought a really tasty chicken sausage at Costco the other day - it is white meat chicken with basil, tomato and mozzarella - really good and 3 points per big link.

Marilyn