Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
OP today Fri 1/25

I'm in for another 24....

I'll do the same today as I did yesterday,
exercise and stay within my daily point range.

Re: OP today Fri 1/25

Make that 2 of us exercising and staying OP.

Uki

Yes I'm op today. Dh wants to go out tonite for a date.

Ok, I've had a very stressful morning and I've already consumed 19 points and it's not even 9:00. Someone needs to talk some sense into me before I go under the wagon.

Ugh!

ut oh Carrie STOP

breath in breath out sit down and reflect whats going on... then think is the food really worth whatever it is... your probably going to say no.

I don't know how many points your allowed, but get
some protein into you, and then try to get out of the house if your a stay at home person like I am.
I'm lucky I don't have to work, so my days are my own, and I usually fill them by keeping busy..

If you have WW book week 3 read it cover to cover, it talks about feelings, emotions and makes you think big time... thats another part of the book,
thinking...

good luck and turn your morning around, so the rest of the day is a successful one for you...

breath in breath out..

Tobe,

I'm home with a sick kid (3 days now) and I have to go in to work today or I don't get to submit my receipts for child care reimbursement--$500. My mother in law has offered to come and watch my son, however, she doesn't drive and she's in the next town over, so I have to load a child up with a fever of 101 degrees and go and get her, go pay sitter and get receipt, and go on into work. I work for drs. and they sometimes don't understand or care about your personal life--they want their stuff taken care of, if you KWIM. It just all came to a head this morning and before I knew it I had not only ate my usual oatmeal cookie--but also 4 pieces of WW cake and now I have like 8 points for the rest of the day. Now is when I could use some of that low point or no point soup, but OMG there's none in the cabinet.

OP me too..hang in there Carrie...we've all had days like that....don't overdeprive the rest of the day, to make up for what was already eaten...good advice about getting protein and maybe veggies and fill up on healthy stuff. Best of luck today, maajida hope we can all dialogue more about emotional eating...lots of us are dealing with that

Maaj--

Me too. I know emotional eating is what got me to pack on all this weight in the first place. I need to do some serious refocusing today. I'm going to try and make an omelette with egg beaters/onions, mushrooms, and green pepper for lunch and have some carrot sticks/cucs for snack and maybe an apple. This evening I could make some grilled chicken tenderloins with some veggies on the side and I do have my popcorn if I need something before bed. I can do this! And that cake when into the freezer so it won't call to me from the counter top. Tobe--I'll find my book and read it cover to cover later at work--I know I'll have some down time around 3:00 to myself. Another problem that has me all stressed is my health. I have symptoms of being hypothyroid. This month, I've been through bloodwork, ultrasound, and a biopsy on my thyroid. I was told my bloodwork was within normal limits, but according to my mom and sister who both have hypothyroid--my TSH level is not normal--it's high--which is probably why overall I feel like crap lately. I'm scheduled to see an Endocrinologist Feb. 19 to have a second opinion about the bloodwork results. I do not have thyroid cancer and the mass they found was benign, so that is a relief. Apparently, PCP's are misdiagnosing patients because they don't realize the field of Endocrinology adopted new guidelines to diagnose people with thyroid problems several years ago. They now treat people as "hypo" if their TSH level is over 2---mine is a 4!! So, lately, my health has had me really stressed!!!

Opday

I am not sure what it is THIS time that i did not turn to emotional eating.
We all have our days/weeks/months. I am not saying i did not want to, i just choose to NOT turn to it. I knew overeating would not solve any problem i was or am dealing with and i been dealing with alot of S*** lately.
But overeating is only hurting myself, then i get mad at overeating and overeat again. Its a circle.

Just know Carrie we all been in Your shoes with those feelings.Our thoughts are with You.

I was dx with an underactive thryoid many years ago, and I take a pill (Levoxyl)for it daily.

I was told by my doctor that we knock our thyroids apart from all the yoyo dieting we've done for so many years...

The last bloodtest I had this past summer, the doctor wanted to know if I was feeling ok, I said fine, he said you took off 30 lbs since the last visit a year ago and he was just curious as to what I was doing,
I told him not to worry its a new way of life, and healthy Weight Watchers...
He just smiled..

Carrie we all stuffed ourselves over emotions, some turn to booze, drugs in this case we turn to food, its just a disorder that we can deal with for one lil
old day.. I know I have to stay within the 12 hr period, not looking back and not looking ahead.
therefore I can enjoy this one day..

sure I have other addictions other than food, but its all doable... and liveable...
I have a 12 step group i go to everyday to keep that one addiction quiet. and WW to keep the food quiet.

Staying in the day is just so easy to do....

the food you have planned for the rest of the day sounds like a smart move to me...

You'll be OK.... you are ok...

Tobe,

Thanks!! I will be ok. You know, you're probably right---years of yoyo dieting has probably caught up with me. When I first went to the dr. in late Dec. she read off the list of symptoms for hypothyroid and I have all of them except for the "inability to lose weight." I think that's how it was put to me. At that time, I had lost 65 lbs. that year--but did it with a lot of working out. She said that probably was the key b/c that kept my metabolism going to help me shed those lbs. This was before the blood work was ordered. She then discovered that lump in my throat and ordered the biopsy and we went from there .

Anyhow, I ate 19 points for breakfast, had a 2 pt. omelette for lunch, an apple just now, and I have 5 points left. I can go home and make those 5 points stretch and not totally blow this day. :)

Carrie your doing the best you can and not everyday we'll be perfect as long as we try to do the best we can most days it will be ok.
My leader lost 107 1bs and kept it off 7 years.. she said she a good ww 300 days a year and 65 she does the best she can. Ww is a balance so dont ever get upset with yourself it will make it worse.

Lorraine,

Your leader sounds wonderful. That is a great attitude to take. We are human, after all, and to expect perfection everyday is unrealistic. I think it is actually bad to expect that much from yourself. It sets youup for failure, which lowers your self-esteem and makes you feel worse about yourself!

Just my 2 cents.

Uki