Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
What is you're best advice for breaking a plateau? A 2 month one!

I need some experience from anyone out there, anyone been stuck and found a good way to move your body along? Thanks in advance!

Re: What is you're best advice for breaking a plateau? A 2 month one!

Stick with it - your body is just adjusting...I know this is difficult to do -been through a plateau 2-3 times already. I found that if I switch things up a little (ie: keep my body guessing) it helps. If you are following Flex, switch to Core. Vary the types of food you eat - don't eat the same breakfast and lunch everyday, some days go a little lighter and then eat more the next. If you typically walk or jog switch to another form of Cardio. Add strength training if you don't do it already.

Also re look at how you are following program - sometimes we can get so used to following the plan that we forget to do certain things that we were very strict about in the beginning like writing in the food journal or drinking water.

I hope this helps!

Marilyn

Thank you for the advice and encouragement!!! I'm going to try and make it a crazy mixed up week

I have been having success with the Wendie Plan - Mixing up my daily points. Having my daily's one day , adding 5 one day, daily + 1 the next, just daily the next, daily + 15 the next, just daily the next, daily + 4 the next, daily +2 the next & then daily + none the next. That is using 27 of my 35 weekly points. Keeps my metabolism guessing! Working for me

Okay Maureen that's a cool plan. I have one more question for you then, what do you do about your Booster Points? Do you add them in and eat them? I can't figure out what to do about that.

Lisa

Not sure what you mean about booster points. If you mean Activity Points, they are in addition to your daily points & can only be eaten on the day they are earned.

Alright, yeah activity points. I have this worry that if I eat my activity points (the day I earn them) and overall through the week eat most of my flex points that I will not loose weight well. Any thoughts?

If you are doing WW & are on the FLEX plan then you should be eatily ALL of your allotted daily points including all 8 HG (Healthy Guidelines) each day in order to lose weight. If you don't your body will think it is not going to get more food & store up what it gets as fat. If you burn more calories, you should eat more to burn those calories wisely so your body learns how to work efficiently. Activity points are to be used, you earned them! We want to teach our metabolism to work efficiently so we can eat normally & not yo yo any more. PS.....Drink your water!! Makes a difference!

Thanks for the boost. I looked again at what I posted and if I listen to what I was REALLY saying it sounds like:

"I'm scared to eat!"

Not a good thing. Thanks for the boost in confidence. I'll let you know how it goes at weigh-in Saturday morning!

Thanks Again

Good Luck! Don't be afraid to eat - That's what those points are for - don't starve yourself . you will defeat yourself!

I totally second the eating all your points thing!! If you eat too little and exercise too much, your metabolism slows way down and it is totally self-defeating. I found that mixing up my points (like the Wendie Plan) really did the trick too. It seems to kind of keep your body guessing so that it never gets used to a certain number of calories and doesn't slow down your metabolism to accomodate that.

Good luck!
Uki

That is totally my problem. I picked up more exercise and stopped eating my Activity Points, then cut down how many WPA I was eating. I was doing all this because I was thinking it would speed things up. But I have only been loosing .6 for each of the last 3 weeks. Thanks everyone for the help. I guess my body was starving a bit.

Lisa

I can't stress to you enough that you need to eat your points if you are working out. I plateaued for a really long time and then someone pointed out to me that I needed those extra calories as fuel so my body could burn off calories/fat.

Also, take a look at what your eating. If you eat the same things week after week, try changing what you're eating.

Change up your workout too b/c your body gets used to what your doing.

I tried all these things and it got things moving downward again for me.

Hope this helps.

what a good discussion. I have to admit that I'm never really comfortable using my activity points (old diet mentality). Thanks to all of you for your good advice. Pat

TESTING ON THE LAB RAT
I ate all of my AP and my WPA and my DPA this week.

RESULT: loss of 3.4

I am overjoyed thank you for all of your comments and support. I have been stuck for so long and finally after feeding my body a little more I got moving again.

THANKS EVERYONE!

You go girl.

That's so awesome!!!