Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
continuing the not eating enough discussion-CHECK THIS OUT

Okay so after just talking about not eating enough and your body slowing down it's metabolism, did anyone watch the Biggest Loser tonight? The bald guy GAINED 3 POUNDS! Why you ask? Because he tried to cut an extra 600 calories (without telling his trainer)to loose more weight and it backfired. He ate too little. He usually looses about 10 lbs a week. Anyway, just an interesting note, hit home to my problem. I was so starving today that I ate 15 WPA (so unlike me) but my body was so hungry. I guess we'll see if it works this saturday!

PS. the extra points were good things, not chocolate

Re: continuing the not eating enough discussion-CHECK THIS OUT

Good information, Lisa! Thanks for sharing. I agree that I have found that I get hungrier when I exercise more. I found a couple things - the first one is that if I exercise a lot and don't eat enough, I will wake up in the morning and within a few minutes, I am famished! That is a cue that I need more food. I also find that I will eat during the day and just not feel satisfied. If I don't eat a little more each day, it sets me up to overeat later. And that is WAY worse than just eating a few extra points.

The bottom line - eat your AP's - all of them. Your body needs the fuel, and use those 35 WPA points. It all pays off in the long run.

Just my 2 cents,
Uki

WW leaders stress all the time to use AP's when we exercise in any kind of form

the more fuel we injest the quicker the metabolism burns, it has to keep going all day..

When we cut back the body thinks its never going to get fed again, so it stores what we ate, which then
turns to fat and sticks to us.

Eating all day in small portions is the trick.. and variety is the most important key to the program.

Eating the same old every day, we get bored and thats when we binge on crap or just quit.

I know that one for sure, been there and done it many times over the last 30 yrs on WW...

This time around is just a new way of life, and loving it... the results are fantastic...

you all are such an inspiration....I really appreciate this particular thread...it is really reminding me of some very important aspects of our shared journey...maajida

I've switched the WW meeting time and place I'm going to because I was not getting very good support from the last place. It was a group that didn't exercise very much, or just did walking. I was having a hard time finding support and information about how to eat when I'm doing 45 min of cardio and weight training 3-4x a week.

Thanks for all of your information because it looks like you guys are a bunch of exercise crazed people who know how to work it!

i just reached goal and a lifetime member. I know i will have to eat more to maintain what i want to weigh. I do exercise( cardio/walking/treadmill/weights)
While getting to my goal i rarely ate my AP nor the 35 weekly.
I do know that when i say i may have to eat more, it may be a bigger portion of fish, or a glass of milk, extra yogurt, etc. I need to make healthy & wise food choices,but i also need to keep up with my AP's to do this.