Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
What is your favorite snack (when you're hungry, not just feeling munchy)?

Question for all, what do you eat when you are hungry, say around 3 in the afternoon. A fruit is not enough to fill the hunger space but you don't want to have a full meal.

Any ideas?

Re: What is your favorite snack (when you're hungry, not just feeling munchy)?

If I am truly hungry, I look for something that has 2 or 3 points tops. I make sure it has protein in it, because that holds me longer. At that time of day, I often turn to a snack bar and I like the South Beach diet cereal bars - they are 3 points, but have 10 grams of protein. Another option would be a piece of lite bread with a little PB on it. That is about 2 points. I make these sandwiches I call a toaster grilled cheese for 1.5 points also. I take 2 pieces of lite bread and put it in the toaster. When it pops, I put a slice of FF cheese on it and lay the sandwich on the hot toaster to help the cheese melt. Presto - grilled cheese. LOL The flatout wraps are also just 1 point and you could spread Laughing cow cheese on one for a 2 point snack.

HTH,
Uki

I might have 2 wasu crackers 1 pt
with two tablespoons of chunky reduced fat P/B 2 pt

or a hunk of laughing cow cheese..

The crackers are pretty good..

Most of the afternoons I have that apple with P/B
I just use 1 tablespoon not to use up too many points on a snack...

Most afternoons I grab either an apple or an orange or a fiber one bar (2pts.) Sometimes I pop some popcorn and that is satisfying, however, I'm not always in the mood for salty...unfortunately, I'm a "sweets" person.

I almost always have my afternoon cup of coffee (half caf/half decaf) with steamed ff milk in it. Sometimes I have something with it. My new go-to snack is Fage 0% greek yogurt with defrosted frozen berries (buy the mix at Costco - has blueberries, blackberries and raspberries). Get in 1/2 milk and a fruit and it sticks with me, I also like an apple with PB - put the PB in the microwave for less than a minute to make it melt - dipping goes a longer way. If I want something sweet I will have a fiber 1 bar oats and chocolate for 2 points or a chocolate vitatop for 1 point.

I try to stay away from carbs - cause I tend not to stop!

Marilyn

I like a reduced fat cheese stick (I buy the ones that are one pt, like Friggo) and a slice of all natural turkey lunch meat wrapped around it. I also like to use 2 Wasa crackers and spread 1 light laughing cow wedge on them with a slice of the same lunch meat for 2 points. If I am wanting something sweet I like the fiber one bars and currently my whole family is pigging out on clementines!