Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Whole foods market

I have to pick my son up in Nashville airport - 3+ hour drive for me...they just opened a whole foods market there and I thought I would make my trip more productive if I stopped and got a few things there. We have no Whole foods in Memphis and it has been awhile since I shopped in NJ at one. I was wondering what some of the WW friendly items you like to buy there? I know they have a ton of bulk items - but wasn't sure what else was good.

Marilyn

Re: Whole foods market

I never heard of a "whole foods market".

they're here in NJ and if so whats the name of the type of store.. Now I'm curious..

I have heard of them, but we don't have them here in NE Ohio. Sorry!

Uki

We don't have a whole foods here in this part of Ohio but we do have a "wild oats" which I understand is owned by Whole Foods. It is down in Mason, Ohio..We went down to just check it out..It was a bigger store than I thought it would be. We also heard they just bought out "jungle Jims"..I hope it is true..

Tobe-
Whole Foods is a supermarket sized natural foods market that carries alot of healthy food choices. Typically their produce market is wonderful and they have a large area that is bulk foods like oatmeal, nuts, brown rice, dried fruit, etc. They have a great bakery (which is good that it is not near me) and fresh seafood.

The largest one I know of in NJ is the one on Rt. 1 near Plainsboro/Princeton. You should check it out sometime.

We have a Wild Oats here too - but it is not a great store - they seem like they are starting to carry some of the Whole Foods line so I am hoping they will re-do the store.

Marilyn

Princeton is not near me Marilyn

I'm down the shore.. and I don[t head north too often, who wants to go back there haha, with all the conjestion not me!!!

My son is in Somerville, so maybe the next time I take the ride North I'll head myself into the
Princeton Area..

Thanks for the info

Tobe-
We lived in Basking Ridge and I used to shop in the one in Millburn or Madison (there is a Trader Joes there too). There is one in Marlton - never been - but that is probably more down your way.

Marilyn

Ido goto Marlton but its 45 miles from here, and i do take that trip every few weeks..

first stop is usually Pannera bread for lunch, then with a full belly on to Trader Joes, and last stop is a treat at Starbucks..

nothing like any of that here, its strictly a
beach resort, sure lots of souveniors (sp) and tee shirts, that sport LBI...

Good stuff for the tourists

Whole Foods carries those VitaMuffins advertised on hungry-girl.com. The store basically caters to healthy and organic foods. Great place if you're looking for gluten-free or other dietary restrictive foods.