Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Thin for life

I want to start a thread like the Beck diet solution book. I'm going to post excerps from the book "Thin for life" by Anne M Fletcher.

The book is about people who lost weight 20 1bs or more and kept it off at least 3 yeras..she calls them masters and interviewed 160 of them

"It doesen't matter if you've lost weight before and gained it all back, because masters dident make it the first time, second or even the third time around either".

Thats nice to read because I gained my weight back before and felt a total failure. This time I feel its differant because I'm aware of myself and I'm doing steps to empower myself.
The things I do that I think realy helps me are..Sign on hear everyday and commit to being op. Read the lifetime boards at ww and learn from them and read Ronis Weight Watchen blog everyday. Read books that help me realise I can do this. For me its a 100% in my mind.
Also grocery shop alot for nice healthy food that I like and plan and pack meals away from home. I'm only as good as my options.

Re: Thin for life

Lorraine,Thanks for sharing. I lost over 100 lbs. just to have gained most of it back. I know all about feeling like a failure. I just can't seem to get going again. What is Ronis blog?

Laura

http://weightwatchen.com/

Thanks, I'll check it out.

Laura

Next Month March I'll be maintaing for 1 year.

THis month made it 16 mo for me on WW, and missed
1 weigh in. not bad!! for a lifer who made goal
30 yrs ago....

Laura,
We have all gained and lost 10000000000 of pounds. I did WW 3 times before and this time is the first i actually kept On Program(OP) and became a life time member after reaching goal. Dont think of Yourself as a failure. You did this before, You came back cause You know You can do it again. Don't listen to those "fat" voices in Your head.
I can remember when i had 50 pounds lost and 20 more to go to goal. I was so use to getting feedback from others and getting feedback from my body, i thought, what will i do when i know longer have to lose. Where is that feedback going to come from. I can't say, my goal is a size 10 pants next,because i will have had met that goal. It was a scary moment for me. I have never just been comfortable in my own skin that i always needed to see results to feel satisfied.
Well now since i met goal and been maintaining since December, my feedback to me, is keeping in a size 8-10 jean and being committed to my program.

Thanks Akus, I know I'm in the company of many who have gained and lost over and over again. Every day I say I'm going to stay on program today, this is the day. Then something trips me up and it starts my downfall all over again. I just wish I could get that same motivation back that I had a few years ago when I did so well and lost so much weight. I think of how good I felt and wonder how I could have screwed up so bad to gain it back. If I could only figure out why I overeat and deal with those issues, then maybe I could figure out how to lose and keep the weight off. Anyways, thanks for words of encouragement.

Laura

I also dealt with the "motivation" Laura, i lost weight before and it took me years to get that "feeling" back. I was like You, i would wake up and think OK TODAY is the day. I would start off fine, then by lunch, it was back to the same old habits.

Me turning 50 ( next month) was my motivation,this time around.

I don't think any of us are first time winnters, we needed to gain it all back again to see and prove to
ourselves that OUR way doesn't work...

We all need structure as we all have an eating
disorder, I didn't like that word when I first heard
it, but its the truth..
We're all overeaters plus we can say we're
junk food junkies.

Now that I know what I am, its so easy to cope with
it each day, and stay OP, that is for me only,
if I suit up and show up weekly to WW'ers, I will no
longer be that junk food junkie...

Alone I can't do this... I need WW and I need this
site...

So true Tobe, i know now there are things i can not have in my house or eat just "one" of. I have always thought of food, after i was done eating, i would think what is the next thing i can eat. 20 minutes later i was eating it. i would eat till i went to sleep,only to get up and start all over again. I was a junkie, food obsessed, it was my lover,my friend, my enemy, my comfort.

I checked out this Roni's blog: weightwatchen.com and for those that haven't checked it out....do so...she's got a great web page about her weight loss. I read tons of stuff on there yesterday (had a slow day at work).

I checked it out too, it is a great website. I like the little videos she does making different recipes.

Laura

Those pictures were crazy. Makes you remember to love yourself in each phase because they're all progress and good. I have to say that after slipping into a bit of depression this last two weeks and not staying OP. But it's a journey!!! And we're not always perfect. KEEP MOVING FORWARD!