Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A year ago

Where were You a year ago?

I was probably sitting here at my computer in my size XXL black sweat pants, with a bigger shirt to cover it all, thinking i was NOT that big. After all the sweat pants still fit!!
Thinking about what to have for lunch after eating breakfast and a snack in between. The only exercise i got was the walk to the refrigerator. Complaining how my knees/legs/back/feet hurt.Knowing i should start losing weight but doing nothing to achieve that goal.

Re: A year ago

I joined ww om Feb 15 th so I was just learning how to eat healthy. Then I was 50 1bs heavier too.

I had just had my knee surgery and was still in alot of pain - still couldn't walk much. Had just joined WW since my orthopedic surgeon said that for every pound you are overweight it puts 10 pounds of pressure on the knees. Well having made goal last WI and losing 74 pounds I have apparently eliminated 740 (yes HUNDRED) pounds of pressure from my knees - not only can I walk now I can bike, spin, jog and most definitely do the HAPPY DANCE

Oh and I too was sitting in my 2XL clothes that stretched - now I am in my size 6 jeans!

Marilyn

I was having a breakdown.....frustrated because I didn't spend any time on myself. After talking to a counselor I joined the gym where I can take my kids (who totally enjoy it) and I started the transformation. My 3rd baby was 10 months old and I was still trying to loose my baby weight but not knowing how to do it happily. I didn't join WW until July 26 so I had some more months of frustrating 'dieting' until I found the light!

And let me tell you, I am happy now almost into my size 10's and 7 lbs away from goal.

Well, a year ago, I was 250 lbs., walked with a limp b/c my feet hurt so bad, had constant lower back pain and was deeply depressed over my weight. I did not enjoy playing with my older son and certainly would not consider attending a field trip with his class because I didn't want to be the fat mommy. Had zero energy for my toddler and it exhausted me to take of him--always out of breath. I refused to work out b/c I hated to sweat.

I decided the last week in Jan. 07 that I was going to do 3 things....get healthy, drop weight, and renew my teaching license. I accomplished all these things.
I bought a treadmill and started out with a simple routine and gradually increased it. I worked up to 40 min. per day for 4-5 days per week. I actually feel guilty if I skip a day now and I acutally look forward to working out. Big mind change there, LOL!!

I was a size 22. This past weekend I bought 2 things in a size 14. I no longer have back pain or trouble with my feet. I'm down 70 lbs. I still struggle with self image (see the meltdown thread I started), with cravings, and so forth. Still have a ways to go, but I'll get there. I am much happier inside and have tons of energy, so yes, I enjoy playing with my kids. I try not to reward myself with food when I hit milestones, but I do allow myself 1 maintenance day a month just in case I want to be bad I know some of you can relate!!!

Isn't it amazing how similar all our stories are? I was at 276 in my 3X sweat pants going to the gym but not losing weight. I didn't start WW till 3/31. I started then because while working at a health fair I took the test for % of body fat. When the machine said 49.7% it really opened my eyes. One of my co-workers asked if I really needed the machine to know that I was fat. I knew it but to see how much of me was "FAT" really opened my eyes. Now I'm 229 and in an 18 jeans. Still going to the gym but losing weight and inches now.

I walked back into WW Oct 3rd 2006
a year ago March 2007 I hit my goal weight,

was I ever thrilled that I went back when I did and didn't have that much to get off,(I could have gone to the weight of a 3x but I went in with an XL and that was big for me)

and we never have to be big again. this for me is the last stop!!!

I returned to WW on October 4, 2006 and I was probably half way to goal or better at this time in 2007. Trying to get by with as little new clothing as possible so I could splurge once I hit goal. I hit goal the end of June and dropped 10 more pounds since then. I started out in XL or 18-20 and am now supporting size 4 slacks and small shirts. What a great feeling! Although the gym has been part of our life for awhile I picked up the intensity so I would continue to have good losses and drop the inches at about this time. I am jogging on the treadmill now doing intervals of walking too. Yes indeed...we have all come a long way baby!

Great replies ladies.............we could all write a book. I should have said a year ago i was 227.4 pounds.It's funny i can never remember numbers, and i work with numbers all the time at work, sometimes i cant even remember my own phone number, but that 227.4 is one number i wont ever forget.