Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tilapia recipes?

Meijer had Tilapia, buy two bags get two free. I'm looking for some good recipes, anyone have any? Thanks.

Laura

Re: Tilapia recipes?

I like mine with small knob of butter lemon juice salt pepper. Brushetta on top was good too. I broil mine in toaster oven. I saw fish tacos made out of tilapia.

I use some spray butter with some lemon pepper and I broil it.

Tastes a lot like what I get from Red Lobster.

I second the spray butter and then I add garlic powder to it and bake it.

Uki

I use Mrs. Dash tomato basil and garlic along with some salt and pepper and bake them in the oven. I serve it with some malt vinegar over top.
Tammy

Thanks ladies, those all sound yummy. I did find one in a magazine. It calls for 1/4 cup egg substitute, 1 Tbsp. fat free milk, 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese, 2 Tbsp. flour, and 2 tilapia fillets (5 oz. ea.) Mix the egg sub and milk together in a shallow bowl. In another bowl, combine Parm cheese and flour. Dip fillets in egg mixture, then coat with cheese mixture. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork. I fillet has 196 cal. 5g. fat and a trace of fiber. Thanks again for sharing your recipes.

Laura

I have a few, will post them soon.
I am one who makes fish tacos with tilipia.

Thanks Akus.

Laura

Broiled Greek Fish Fillets

8 tilipia ( 4 oz each)
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 c plain yogurt
2 T butter,softened
1 T lime juice
1 small red onion,finely chopped
1/2 c pitted Greek olives
1 tsp dill weed
1/2 t paprika
1/4 garlic powder
1/2 c feta cheese,crumbled

Sprinkle fish with salt & pepper. Place on a broil pan coated with non-stick cooking spray.
In a small bowl,combine the yogurt,butter and lime juice. Stir in the onion,olives and seasonings. Spread down the middle of each fillet;sprinkle with feta cheese.Broil 3-4 inches from heat for 6-9 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.

1 fillet = 4 points.......keep in mind the fillet size of 4 ounces each

Re: Re: Tilapia recipes?

Soft Fish Tacos.......i love these!!

4 cups of coleslaw mix ( i dont use that much, if i make 3 tacos i use enough of the mix to have 3 tacos)
1/2 cup ff tartar sauce ( again use only enough if You dont use 4 cups of mix)
1/2 t cumin
1/2 salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 1/2 pounds tilapia fillets
2 T olive oil
1 T lemon juice
10 corn tortillas ( 6 inches,warmed)
Shredded cheddar cheese,chopped tomato and sliced avacado,optional

In a large bowl, toss the coleslaw mix,tartar sauce,salt,pepper and cumin. Set aside.

In a large skillet, cook tilapa in oil and lemon juice over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Place tilapia on tortillas;top with coleslaw mixture. serve with cheese,tomato and avacado if desired.

2 tacos without the toppings=6 points

Akus, thanks for the recipes. I was looking forward to you posting them. I'll give them a try.

Laura