Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I got a job

Wanna hear something funny.

At the beginning of my WW journey I was a member of curves for a few years, and when I hit goal I left curves and joined a real gym. with real men!! LOL..

A friend of mine still goes to curves 3 times a week, and we all got friendly with one of the gals that works there,. anyway my friend keeps telling me that this one particular worker keeps asking about me.
so I decided to stop in..

They haven't seen me in a year since I'm on maintenance, and they were shocked to see the weight I took off and the firmness of my body.

They asked what I've been doing all winter. I told them the usual, tanning daily and hitting the gym. but I was thinking of maybe going back to work P/T
/
The owner was there who I know well. and she offered
me a p/t job working for curves 3 mornings a week..
best part is its off the books. only about 3 hrs a clip.. I accepted and will start when she calls me.I know if I want more hours its available, but with beach season right around the corner. I'll just take the 3 hours from 6:30 am to 9am and then off to the beach for the day..

Never know what goes on from day to day.. intersting tho...

Re: I got a job

Yippee! Good for you...and great that it will work out so well for your interests too. I need to be busy so that I don't think about food so much. Being that it is winter it is hard to get away from the kitchen when those cravings hit and a little cold to go out on the trike right now. I do shop a lot and just window shop too. Getting cash payment off of the books works out great too. You are right, we never know what is in the plan for us.

Tobe-
How exciting and what a compliment to the NEW YOU! What a great environment to be able to stay OP in. And so nice it doesn't conflict with your other interests - by 9 ish you will be done.

Way to go!
Marilyn

So cool! And I bet you'll be a great inspiration to the gals there too! Thumbs up from me!

wow! That is great! Sounds like the perfect job for you. I know you'll be great at it!
Tammy

Woo Hoo!! You go girl! happy new job to Tobe!

Uki

Way to go girl!

That sounds like a great idea.

thats fabulous Tobe!!!

congratulations

I got the call this morning..
After my WW meeting tomorrow I'll head on over and get trained, well, see what they want me to do.

probably just open up. turn on the puter. and get the music going..
piece of cake..

I'll progably get 3 workouts in while I'm there. 3 days a week....
why not take advantage, hell, I used to be a paying memeber there...

I'll keep you posted.

I think you have a good reason to go shopping and buy yourself some cute work-workout clothes! Good luck.

Marilyn

Ohh did someone say, exercise!!......plus shopping! I am in heaven

Thats the last thing i need is another stitch of clothing, my closets are busting..

For now I'll be wearing exercise wear, but once the summer begins really begins here, I'll be going to
work in a bathing suit, with some kind of something on
the bottom,

The attire here is just bathing suits with a wrap of some kind and flip flops, its not unusual to see
women walking around the store all hanging out in a bathing suit with sandy feet, and red burnt skin
LOL...

I'm lucky to live at a beach resort all year long...

so off I go today for traininig after my WW mtg.

Just got in from a training session. and I start this Fri morning.. so its up early and on this site first thing... before I head out the door at 6am.

listen to this one its the best.

The owner told me shes paying me to workout..

well who has it better than I do, paid $10.00 an hr off to books to exercise!!!!!

so again I never know where my journey takes me from day to day.. life is good!!!!!!!and I'm not fat anymore...

Tobe - that's amazing....paid to work out...wish someone would. I'd be skinny by next month, hehe!!

That's so awesome!!

I forgot to say what the job entails

unlock the front door. turn on the computer. turn on lights and then hit the power button on the CD player and get the music going...

Theres a certain early morning crowd of women that arrive at 6:30 every morning, and one request from them is the CD they exercise to is all the stuff from the 50's or maybe the 60's
this should be very interesting indeed...

this morning I'm off to my own gym for a workout and Friday I'll do the circuit at curves while I smooze the older women..