Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Snow, snow, Go AWAY!!!

I am sooooo tired of all of this snow! We are in SW Ohio near Dayton and today was day 6 that my boys have been out of school this season due to snow! I have such a terrible case of cabin fever that I can't stand it.
I can't wait for spring to get here so I can work in the garden and watch the flowers bloom, listen to the birds sing, and yes even cut the grass and pull weeds!
This would make my third meeting that I missed at WW today. I am planning to go either tomorrow or Friday but not sure if I'll actually get to attend a meeting which I could really use. I am so glad to have this sight 'cause at least I can have some contact with the outside world! hehhee!
I hope you all are staying warm. We are keeping busy here. I've been loading the kids up and taking them to the YMCA on their snow days so I can still get my workout in and they get to swim. I've enjoyed it, but must admit there's something strange about swimming in a pool while looking that the snow falling outside the window!
Tammy

Re: Snow, snow, Go AWAY!!!

I know how you feel. I'm in Western NY between Rochester and Syracuse. We have snow probably until April. I went to nursing school at Miami Valley Hospital in Dayton and my family live in the area so I know how everything shuts down for snow. I'm glad I'm here because our road crews know how to handle the snow and there are very few days that we can't get out. The schools are only closed when visibility is down or if we get a couple feet of snow. Fortunaley I don't have kids at home to entertain.
Remember, Spring will come and soon we will be complaining it's too hot.

Re: Snow, snow, Go AWAY!!!

I thought Iowa had a ton of snow, but we have nothng compared to you guys. They've called off our school once and dismissed early a couple times. But ours is usually due to blowing snow and visibility. We bus alot of kids in from the country, so the gravel roads get drifted pretty quick around here.

I am ready for spring as well. Softball, and swimming. Most of all I am ready to sit outside with a nice drink after work and grill while the kids play. It has been so cold here you don't want to be outside for any longer than you have to.

So I'm going to keep thinking warm thoughts and maybe it will be here soon.