Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
just joined ww

Hello everyone,i just joined this tues(the 26th)and am so excited about it.
i am very short(4'9)and starting weight (111.8 lb.)to be honest,i think i weigh 115.(that is what the doctors scale last said 2 weeks ago)so for ww scale to say it is 111.8 it is just hard to believe!!
anyways my problem(rolls)are showing all over and my butt got so heavy and wide, that i can't stand it.
my excuse not to excersice is that it weighs me down,lol
ok so they(ww)are telling me that if my score came out less then 17,i need to get it at 18points no less.
ok,so for tonight i was thinking of making chuck roast with brown gravy(in the crock pot)mash potatos(instant and peas)(i have a family of 6 (4 kids)but when it comes to serving myself,do i just measure mine out to 3 oz.of meat? how much gravy,mash and peas do i give myself?
thanks for your help.
sandy

Re: just joined ww

Sandy Welcome, here your going to learn to stick to WW along with the rest of us.

We all started out with a gang of lbs to lose, and slowly but surely many of us have reached goal, became lifetime members and are still here some below goal and maintaining. I included have been maintaing 4 to 5 lbs under goal for one year..

Check into the On Program thread every day join in, also join in the Menu for the day thread..
there you'll get some good food ideas.

In answer to your question, its all in the portion, we can eat whatever we want in limited amounts.
I recommend the WW measuring spoons you can't go wrong using those..

go into your starter book week 1
look up the meaat it will tell you how much a portion is and what the points are for that specific item

check into your potatoes, same with the gravy and vegetables.

To be honest with you when I started back again, I stayed away from foods like that..
I don't do beef, don't like it, I stick mostly with
pork, chicken, and shrimp, theres so much to do with chicken.

If you only have 18 points to use for the day, it sounds to me like dinner is going to take up too many. and the deal is not to get hungry. so you might want to go with something different than what your feeding your family..
Just my 2 cents ...

good luck and hang around with us...

hi sandy, kudos for signing up. I recommited 4 weeks ago as well so I'm relearning how to portion my meals as well.

What I do (I am on the flex plan) I try save a pretty good chunk of my points for supper (7-9)
3 oz of chuck roast with out gravy is like 6-7 pts
instant mashed potatoes are 1 pt for 1/3 c. dry and then whatever you add to make them you have to add those points to.
and peas (one of my favorites) are 1 pt. for a 1/2 cup.
So personally I either don't have as much meat if I am craving the potatoes. Or if I feel I need the protein more I skip the potatoes and have more meat and peas.

These are just points figures I got from my WW books. It is best to figure out the points from the nutritional labels. This insures accuracy. I figure them once and then write it on the box with a black marker so i don't have to figure it again.

Hope some of this helps! good luck

The key to ww is tweaking your food to make it less points. I make beef stew and add pototes and do it in the crock pot. My ww book said 5 points 1 cup and I have about 7 points worth which is a big bowl full.
I braise the floured trimmed beef in olive oil (not much oil). I add alot of carrotts onions celery and anything else I fancy with red pototoes. I dont eat Instant potatoes but you can do that instead. I have lost weight eating beef stew regulary (I'm English..lol).

Welcome!

Welcome Sandy! I hope you love this board as much as I do. These ladies are like family to me.

Uki

I was floored that you only weigh 111 lbs, I had to look up the recommended goal weight on the chart to find out if you were just loosing 5 lbs or something

That is so awesome that you're keeping up on it though, you may not have tons to loose but loosing a little before it becomes tons is a great accomplishment.

Thumbs up to you!