Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
question on 0 pt snacks

Got a few questions about 0 point snacks.

1. What are some of the ones you eat
2. How much of them can you eat
3. How many different 0 pt. snacks can you eat before you have to combine their calories and count it twords your points?

EX. carrots. I always thought they were free no matter how many you ate. I looked at the label yesterday and saw there was 35 calories per serving which is 9 baby carrots. So if I had 2 servings of that it would be 1 pt. right?

I always thought one whole bag of healthy pop popcorn was one point to till I read one of amy's links. Whooaah was I wrong there!!!

Re: question on 0 pt snacks

I dont count carrotts as you wont get fat on them I bought popcorn kernals and pop them without oil in a pan on the stove and mke them toastie...5 cups popped is one point.
Dont stress on veggie points unless there advocados or pototoes etc..you will be ok.

Chelsea,

I don't count carrots either. Then again, I don't munch that many to probably count as an entire serving.

Popcorn...I stick to the 100 calorie bags...I need the portion control.

My old leader from years ago used to say when she started a meeting..

"Ladies, we didn't get here eating string beans"

LOL....

I also use the mini bags of popcorn I too need
that portioned out serving...

I wouldn't worry about carrots...

I once posed that same question over at the WW boards and nearly got my head bit off........needless to say, that is why i joined this board and not there.
Nazi-points patrol over there!!

I know there are some snacks that are 0,but when i think of a snack i think of a SNACK....like popcorn(hidden subtle message, Hershey kisses). Skinny Cow Fudge Pops are 0 points, but only if You eat 1......and 1 a day, not 1 for breakfast/lunch and supper.

I dont really count carrots, only the dip i dip em in!!!

SO if i eat ONE skinny cow pop, i dont count it, but as i said if i eat 2, i do. The serving size is 2. So again as others had said, portion size!!!

I wholeheartedly agree with all the posters! I don't count any veggies except potatoes, corn and peas - the starchy veggies. The others are 0 as far as I am concerned. I didn't get fat on fruits and veggies, so they are free as far as I am concerned.

Uki

Nazi points patrol, LOL!!! Good one!!

Thanks everyone, I kinda assumed that about carrots as well but then you hear them at the meetings about counting every thing that goes in your mouth. I love baby carrots and eat them alot in the afternoon at work to make it till supper.

Its really been awesome posting here because we are from all over, and all at different stages in our program, some are maintaining, some have been OP for a while, and then theres some like me that are just starting again and really don't remember everything.

It is so nice to be able to find out so many awnsers to a question any time of the week. not just at my meeting once a week
So thanks for awnsering all those intriguing questions
I cant figure out the awnsers too!!!

Have a gread day!!!