Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
beef chuck

ok,so the brown gravy that i am preparing is the MaCormick(in the pack)just add cold water to it.Nutrition facts are:
cal=20
total fat=0.5
fiber=0serving size 1/4 tbsp.that comes out to=0 points(if i calculated it right)
the instant mash potatos:
cal=110
total fat=3
fiber=1
total points=2 (1/2 cup)
i cannot find the point value for beef chuck,or how much of a serving 3oz?)
oh and the peas..
cal=70
total fat=0.5
fiber=4
total point value=1(2/3 cup)
thank you so much if you could help me figure out the meat.

Re: beef chuck

When I cook roast, I just have to estimate or "guesstimate" as I say. I try to buy lean cuts of meat and I think last time I cooked roast, I counted like 2 pts. per oz. and just bulked up on veggies. It's hard sometimes to know exactly how to count red meat. Chicken, turkey, and fish are pretty much about 1 point per oz. Might try looking for one of those precooked Hormel roasts that you just heat in the microwave and look at the nutritional info on the packaging to see what they are. That might give you an idea b/c the cuts of meat are pretty much the same.

Cut yourself a piece and if its the size and thickness of a deck of cards its 4 pts..

its all in the book, that WW gives you the first week.
theres also a light bulb, deck of card, size of a CD,
and a tennis ball... tells you how many points
by eyeballing those items I just mentioned..

Sandy did you actually go to WW and did they give you a pkg of materials???? if so, you have week 1 starter book....
Keep that book its very handy, in the back theres also point value for alot of foods..

thanks carrie! that helped sum up my points preety much(3 oz)of the roast would be 6 points.
very good and the meal together will come out to about 10 points.

winks at Tobe, so that is where You got Your little tobism, from that WW book such as.......10 pounds loss= an small turkey
40 lb loss a small child. I loved them tobe.

BTW i always have mind handy, that and my worn out pointsfinder from when i joined 5 yrs ago. The new ones they give out now are crap.

Hi sandy,

One way I have cut down on points for a meal like this (and we have this about 2 times a month), is to make the instant taters with only skim milk. If you are going to put the beef gravy from the crock pot on the taters, you won't miss the margarine. If your family gives you grief, mix them up with only milk, take your portion out, and then add the margarine to the family's portion. I do my taters that way and get a nice big serving for about 1 to 2 points, depending on how much I take. Just a thought.

Uki