Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
before and after

good morning everyone!
so,i went to a ww meeting yesterday(am)and there the speaker(what do they call her)?well anyways...she had mentioned this great website that you submit a photo of yourself(the way that you look today)and they will resubmit a photo of what you would look after,i think it is great!what a way to get motivated!!!then just print those before and after photos and put it on your fridge,pantry...even in your wallet(so when you catch yourself in that fast food place or snack bar reaching for the money(for that tamptation)your picture will be there!
so here is the website(please let me know what you think,(good idea or not)
www.weightview.com

Re: before and after

We had that here Sandy

This site that we're now using was Aimee's orginal, and then it was changed to a more sophicated one, sadly it crashed, and with Aimee now working full time
she never got the time to re-build it back..

There we had our pix up and also a weekly progress chart of the losses.../ gains weekly..

Your idea of before and after is great, i have pix of me 30 lbs heavier, and I hate looking at them. I love the new me. all the blubber is gone, along with mega
inches...

wow! that is fantastic!!!
i'd love to get rid of my flab and wide behind but to me the thought of getting up to excercise is just too much,i just don't have the motivation, i feel lazy!
i sit on the sofa watching the "fit"chanel on direct tv.and just pray that as i watch it i'll lose a pound my mind is doing the workout but my body is on the sofa,hahah

Sandy- I've been where you are with no motivation to exercise. But now am at the gym almost every day. What finally worked for me was joining the YMCA. They take the monthly payment directly out of my credit card, so I am too cheap to waste the money. The other thing is that there is a pool at the Y and that is where I do most of my exercise. It feels so good in the water and is easy on the joints. I know you are saying you can't get into a bathing suit. I found out that especially at the Y there are women of every size and age and nobody worries about what others look like.
Until you can get yourself motivated to really exercise try just moving a little more. Can you make a couple extra trips up the stairs, stretch a little more when using the vaccum? At my WW meeting several women mentioned turning on music and dancing around the house by themselves. Don't think of it as exercise. Post here often and we will try to encourage you.

Pat

I have two 5 lb weights sitting right here at my computer. at nite I'm in a recovery chat room. and while someone is typing I pick the weights up and use two at a time in each hand and just do some lifts..

what a great way to work the arms with no effort at all.

theres plenty of ways to exercise in a sitting positon, some leg lifts while watching TV, roll your arms around, flex your hands, cirlce your feet.
lay down and do some sit ups...

I was like you not motivated at all then I joined curves from a push from a friend, got good at it, going 5 days a week, and just recently in the past 6 mo left curves and now I go to a real gym, with good looking guys and let me tell you built...

funny thing is, I'm now going to work at curves p/t
who would have ever thought...

never know where this journey is going from 1 day to the next..

so Sandy get going and move it....

Sandy, I had a really hard time getting up to exercise at first as well. But I started out with 15 minutes on my treadmill and have worked up to 30 to 60 minutes a day depending how busy I am. I feel so much better and motivated after I exercise that sometimes that is what carries me through the day or night depending on when i get my exercise in. So just start with a little bit everyday and you will soon be doing more that you ever imagined!!!

ps I'll be sure to check out the website.

ok,so thanks to your encouragement i have just come back from a 1/2 mile walk with my dog,i just don't like walking too fast because i have a hard time breathing(asthma)and i feel like my heart rate is going too fast on me(not sure what would be considered nomal and or too high).
i have to say that i to many am not to be considered heavy(overweight)but to myself comparing to how i used to be and look i feel like it is alot on my body(i have chronic back aches,headaches)dr.said that the headaches are from not drinking enough and the back problems are from carring 4 kids.he said that if i excercise little bit at a time i'll get that energy back to get motivated,yet not to overload or to stress my back out.so i think that walking with a freind and or my dog,is a good start and then as the weather gets nicer take bike rides with the kids at the park i'm trying to talk myself into getting one of them balls to do crunches on(i heared that it is also great for the lower back and feels good on the back)is that true?do any of you do crunches or other excercises on the ball?

I was not much of an exerciser either in the beginning. What helped me was to set tiny goals for myself and then once that goal was just part of my routine, I would set another one. So in the beginning, it was to walk 20 minutes 3 times a week. From there I upped it to 5 times a week. Next I increased the time, and so on. Maybe something like that would help? I am to the point now that I exercise 6 days a week and think nothing of it. But I could have NEVER started with 6 days a week - I would have given up after the first week.

Uki

Congrads on the walk every little bit helps and will motivate you to do more.

I so know the feeling of not looking like you used to. I am 5 foot 4 and was 220 at my heaviest 3.8 years ago. I had gained 73 lbs when I had my 3rd child. I had also quit smoking when I was pregnant and just let my self eat and eat and eat. I have lost 58 lbs in the past 3.5 years on weight watchers. I still don't look anything like what I used to. But I am content with the fact that that I am so much more healthy now than I used to be at 150 4 years ago.

Little steps is all it takes to get to big rewards so keep going you'll get there.

I don't use the ball but I do do crunches with every workout. I read an article that said while crunches alone wont reduce the amount of fat around your abdominal area. It helps build muscle . and the more muscle you have the faster you burn calories.

So burn baby burn. Good Luck

I use the ball at the gym and having 3 little kids to pick up I have to keep up on my crunches so my back stays strong. I have lower back aches when I slack off of crunches and have since my first baby.

I also use exercise to combat my depression. Works like a charm but I have to have at least 20 minutes of medium/high intensity cardio for it to boost my brain.