Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
what is a lifetime member?

what does it take to become a lifetime member?and once you have reached your goal,do you stay on the same plan or do you add more points to yourself to maintain?
sandy.

Re: what is a lifetime member?

Its a process to become a lifetimer..

You have to get to goal, then maintain it for 6 weeks, and then you get a lifetime card.
you can still lose more weight after making it.

its suggested you shoot for the highest weight, say if your goal is 145 ask them to put your goal to
150, why keep paying weekly for that extra 5 lb loss

when you become a life time member as long as your within two lbs of goal either under or above, you do not pay for your meetings..

I've been a lt member for as long as I can remember over 30 yrs at least.. I did not have to pay a
registration fee when I came back and I didn't have to pay for any missed meetings during my weight loss journey.. those are just a few perks, and I think the weekly fee was just 12.00 vs the 13,00 everyone else pays and if your 60 yrs old the fee is then 10.00 a week...

It pays to stay on plan hit goal and become life time
instead of bouncing back and forth, in and out.

I hit goal my first time around and made life time then...

Back when I made lifetime we were only allowed to weigh in once a month, now its changed where we can now go every week..

In the 18 mo which will be March 3rd for me. I've only missed 2 weigh ins, the whole 18 mo on WW this time around...and I was away both times..

wow,that sounds like a great thing to do-becomming a lifetime member!
i think that to join it did not cost a thing for registration,however it cost me about$39.00 for the month and that includes online tools(i have yet to try that)
i do not want to continiue paying the 40.00 every month(i realy do not have the money to do so every month)and why pay all that when i can get this board with all the help that i could possibly need and get 24/7 for free??(i don't mean to sound cheap)!
other then attending the meetings,is the 39.00 nessesary every month?could i not just attend the meetings once per week and pay for that?(i think i need to re-read my payment plan.

If you have the monthly pass which it sounds like you do, they'll take that money out of your account regardless if you go to WW or you don't.

Just my opinion, Sandy. don't quit WW keep going, those Weekly meetings are so very important, I haven't seen many fail showing up weekly, the ones that fail are the ones that don't go..

Most of us here still go weekly no matter what,.

You spend more money monthly on crap in the stores as we all do, so put that 39.00 towards your health and a good way to live....

lose the weight get to goal and then become a life time with the rest of us here...

I totally agree with Tobe. I left and thought I could do it on my own. Didn't work. I'm back.

And while being able to commit every day on this site as well as recieve advice, menu ideas and exercise accountability is great. The meetings you go to in your area are just as important.

I have three kids sometimes I enjoy going even if I think it will be a bad weigh in just to get away by myself for while.

So hope you keep going it really does make a difference

I have 3 little kids and only my husband works so I'm pretty cheap too. But what I figured is it's like a doctor bill for me. So I don't think of it as a luxury item, because if you had to go to the doctor you'd pay for it. This is my health bill. And all the guilt goes out the window!!!!!

BECAUSE I''M WORTH IT AND YOU ARE TOO!!!!

It is a worthwhile expense. I do WW online becuse we have no meetings close to us, and although I have been pleased, I would prefer the weekly meetings in person. I think you are more accountable that way. I really rely a lot on this board to take the place of those meetings since I can't go.

Uki

People dont think twice about blowing 20-40 bucks at McDonalds or a resturant. This is the first time i became a lifetimer in 3 attempts at WW. I do not attend the meetings, but i weigh in every week to be accountable.
Like the others i thought before i could do it on my own........this time i knew i couldn't.
And i thought i am not willing to pay all those months at $12.00 a week and get to goal and stop going. I look at it this way, i paid WW my fee for 10 months, now WW is paying me back.
I do love the payback