Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Help, I'm starting Weight Watchers Monday

I'll be going to my first WW meeting Monday, my husbands job takes us away from home during the week so I have to prepare food that I can freeze and take with us. Any suggestions? Thanks for any help you can give me.

Re: Help, I'm starting Weight Watchers Monday

This is going to be the best Monday of your life, starting out in WW..

Good Luck...

No suggestions for you yet, get yourself started in WW, keep coming back here and check out the boards daily...

Speak to your WW leader and tell her what your plans are for during the week, she'll be able to help you out..

Its all in the planning and portions.
Stay after the meeting and get familiar with the program

I'm sure you're right, I should just wait and talk to the leader, study the information and when I get back home next weekend I can cook some things up and officially start on the program. I was just anxious to be able to start on Monday, you know how it is when you finally make up your mind to do something, you want to do it right now!!!

You can start out with buying yogart, fiber 1 cereal or Kashi fruits

lite bread
lean coldcuts
fat free cheeses or 2% milk cheese
vegetables

your best bet would be to cart some Lean Cuisine meals or WW Smart Ones (dinners)

they have a lot of good choices, low in points, all the points are on the pkgs. a big salad with that and you have dinner...

go into the Menu for the day posted and get ideas as to what we eat... alot of choices and variety.
Thats the key variety, we can't allow ourselves to get bored eating the same thing each and every day..

Great job. I joined lasy tear and lost 50 1bs.
http://greenlitebites.com/
Is my favorite ww recipe site. She gives great ideas.
Chilli with beans and turkey is a good idea.
Beef barley with chick peas.
Chicken in crock pot a million ways.
At the beginning frozen dinners work well and get you used to smaller portions. Add carotts as snacks and salads. Make a big bowl of fresh fruit.
O point soup is great to fill you up.
Fiber 1 bars are great tasting and filling only 2 points.
Eat a big bowl of Irish oatmeal made with milk with a bannana a sugar free syrup for breakfast and you'll be stuffed for a while.
I eat alot on ww and lose.

I joined WW Monday and officially started on Tuesday, my noon I had already eaten half my daily points and hadn't had lunch yet! I can see that planning is key.

We have all been there! LOL Yes, planning is so important. A lot of us plan the whole day each morning or even the night before. Once you get a good feel for menus, you can kind of pick and choose from a variety of meals you know the points for and just plan from there. The key is finding what you like and waht fills you up. A lot of us find that combining protein at each meal makes a difference. If I eat only carbs, I get hungry really fast. Feel free to look at the daily menu thread, it may give you some good ideas. And, feel free to ask questions - we are always willing to help in any way we can.

Uki

I have hypoglycemia so protein is very important in keeping the blood sugar level. I'm hungry after an hour of eating carbs no matter how many I eat. I'll check the menus out, I'm sure that will help. Thanks!

We're all hungry after eating carbs, I find for me certain carbs become a trigger food.. for sugar.
i've learned to stay away from certain ones,
pizza is the biggest and the most powerful one, so therefore I don't touch it...

I start the day off with protein even if its protein powder with a dose of 23 g of protein that I mix in with a WW yogart and fiber cereal... so I get it all, calcium. protein and fiber...all in one meal..

i end my day with protein of some sort...

so inbetween meals I'm not hungry...

I have a problem with my blood sugar too. Never been diagnosed with hypoglycemia, but It sounds like what I experience. Anyway, I have found the more fiber and protein the better. I try to eat a very large breakfast. I'll eat anywhere from 4-6 points.

a few of the things I eat are

Kashi go lean crunch cereal with milk and a banana (this is my new fav)
Whole Wheat Eggo Waffles with sf syrup
Multi grain cheerios with milk
whole wheat pancakes with spray butter, splenda and a egg
Quaker Oats Oatmeal on the go bars. I've seen them in cinnamon and sugar and banana bread. Banana bread is very good.

Around nine I have yogurt and a granola bar or a piece of fruit.

Dinner

Ham sandwiches on lite buns
WW frozen meals.
salad
flat out wraps with anything you can imagine on them.
pb and J on lite bread

I try eat some raw veggies around 130
then a snack when I get home from work so I don't taste test too much when I am making supper. Sugar free jello or a hand full of popcorn. Depends if I am feeling sweet or salty that day.

Supper is my largest meal of the day and I try have some protein, lots of veggies and I always have some sort of potatoe or bread. Cant go with out em'.

I'll have a snack at nite or some coffee with cream and sugar if I have some points left over.

Also I drink a ton of water. I have noticed that if I drink a lot right after I eat I stay fuller so much longer. I probley drink 120oz a day.

Hope some of this helps. I know you said you truck so some of these meals might not be possible.

Way to go making the decision to join.

Thank you all for you suggestions, you helped me lose 5.4 pounds!!! I couldn't believe it!

A friend shared this recipe with me today, it's fast and easy. Hope this is something new for you.

WW Soup

3 cans chicken or vegetable broth
2 16 oz California Blend veggies
1 can Rotel (I used mild)
1 10 oz box lite Velveeta

Heat broth and veggie together until veggies are tender. Add Rotel and cubes of Velveeta. Heat through and serve.

1 cup - 1 point

I accidentaly bought the 16 oz size of Velveeta and didn't realize it until after I made the soup, do you have any idea what that does to the points?

Thank everyone!

I don't think that extra cheese will do anything, but to be safe count that soup as 2 pts..

thats what I would do...

bet its good tho with all that cheese in it...

Did you use the reg velveeta or the lite??

oops I see you used the lite cheese.

Jacee congratulations on you weight loss. Keep up the good work.

Pat

The box of Velveeta I used says "made with 2% milk" and in the corner "50% less fat", I guess that is what I was supposed to use. There are 60 calories for a 1 oz serving, 3g of fat and 0g of fiber. My husband ate it last night and liked it. It makes a lot and is pretty with the red, green and white in the light gold soup. I'd eat it even if I wasn't on WW.