Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New Food Find!

Just thought I'd share. I purchased (online) some baking mixes from Southaven Farms and just made some muffins with their chocolate baking mix. They have recipes on their website. I made the recipe for Chocolate peanut butter surprise muffins - they are a chocolate muffin with a teaspoon of peanut butter baked into the center. They are great - the best news is that they are only 2 pts. for one large muffin.

Their mixes are high in fiber and whole grain. You add ff milk, ff yogurt and your choice of sweetener - in this case I used Splenda granular to keep the points and carbs low.

I bought whole wheat mix and also cinnamon mix which I will probably try next.

Marilyn

Re: New Food Find!

I made some of the cinnamon apple muffin tops that uses the apple pie filling. I used the walmart brand of no sugar added pie filling with splenda. They were very good.

Cheryl-
Those are next on my list - I bought a can of sf apples (Comstock) at Kroger. Will probably make those next week - still have a lot of chocolate ones left.

Marilyn

Thought I might try this recipe using the oat bran mix next. The cinnamon apple muffin tops were good and we ate them with 1/2 cup vanilla ice cream on top for a total of 3 points.