Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
can we have hot dogs?

is there any ff good tasting hot dogs out there with liitle amount of points?and what bun would go with it?
does ketchup have any points?
i have pictures of my uncle (before and after(he lives in canada and i'm in ga,but we both are on ww.he lost 90lb.and still trying to lose more to get to his goal.(i think his goal is to lose total of 150lb)how can i submit his pictures to show you?
sandy.

Re: can we have hot dogs?

Ball Park puts out a good one 1 pt
Hebrew National is another and I also think
Nathans puts one out also..
when you go to the store take your point finder with you and check out all the brands. a lot of them are 1 pt..

I use a regular bun, 2 pts.... there are several
1 pt hot dog rolls on the mkt.. WW has one,
shoprite brand is another...

theres also a SF sweet relish Mt Olive Brand
Sauerk raut if you like that is 0 pt.

I dont count ketchup because I just use a little. again use your point finder.

I like the Ball Park FF Turkey franks. They are just 1 point for frank. I haven't found the 1 point buns around here, so I usually just use a slice of lite bread. The bread is techinically 0 points for 1 slice, but I count it as 1 point to be sure. I have heard great things about the Hebrew National franks, but have never tried them.

HTH,
Uki

I use the National Hebrew 97% FF dogs. There are several brands of 1 point buns depending on where you are from...Kroger has a brand, Schwebel, Nickels. Taking the point calculator to the grocery store is a given for me along with coupons.

I second the Hebrew National 97% FF. Didn't like the 100%FF. Our local store (Wegmans) sells a 1 point bun. I have also used Flat Out Bread to wrap a couple hot dogs in. Check your nutrition label for the ketchup. It usually has lots of sugar. I use salsa instead for most things.

Pat

Ooooo! OOOOOooo!! I second the salsa on the hot dogs instead of ketchup! That is my favorite way to eat them!

Uki

sounds great and thank you for all of your help
sandy(weigh in is tonight)cant wait!!

I like the Oscar Meyer 98% fat free hot dogs and they are 1 point each. I buy Kroger brand lite wheat buns which are also 1 point each.
What part of Ga. are you from Sandy? I live in Acworth.

Not only can we have hot dogs, we can have pizza,cheese,ice cream,cakes,hamburgers,candy,fish,shrimp.beef,turkey,friend chicken,grits,oatmeal,cereal. bread,bagels,cream cheese,butter,mayo,Lasagna.soups.............we can eat anything on the points plan as LONG as we use the points and be accountable for the things we eat.

Portion size
Common Sense
Healthy choices

its not a diet its a lifestyle.