Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Couch Potato to 5K

Just thought I'd share this (new to me) exercise program. It is called Couch Potato to 5k and says that after following it for 2 months you will be able to run a 5k (little over 3 miles). If you go to coolrunning.com you can get the break down of what to do each week - but it is basically interval training where you start out running 1 minute and walking 1 minute for 20 minutes and then increase the running/decrease the walking as you progress though the weeks.
I have just completed week 2 and it is really not bad - trying to switch to running from walking to get my heart rate up higher (and burn more calories Yeah!). Also, trying to diversify what I do - so some days I do my spin classes and bike riding and others I will do this running thing. If you need a change you might want to check this out.

I am looking for a 5k in my area to have something to plan for once my 2 months are up.
Marilyn

Re: Couch Potato to 5K

Bravo for You Marilyn, i have done this program a few years ago, i think the most i ran straight was .5 mile.then i stopped...i been thinking about doing it again(i told myself when i hit 195 i would start, and that was 40+pounds, and months ago)but knew i wouldnt be committed to doing it 3 days a week. I think all i was doing was looking for excuses not to do it,but since its getting warmer and daylight is longer and my DD( i kinda talked her into it)said she would train with me.....i would love to start again. They also have a C-2- 10 -K, to train for after You finish with the C-2-5k.
I first seen this program on the Weight Watchers Boards,3-4 years ago..
Keep on running girl, i bet it feels great- AFTER- You are done. It is such an accomplishment.

Re: Couch Potato to 5K

Alright, I'm in. I've been wishing I could run with a training pattern so this will be great for me. I'm going to start Monday so we'll check back in periodically.