Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Easy low point recipes

I am running out of different ideas of things to eat that are low in points. I work everyday late and I really don't feel like cooking when I get home. I try to fix a couple meals on the weekends so that I have something to eat for dinners during the week. Does anyone have any ideas? Also, I need some new ideas for breakfast? I appreciate any suggestions.

Re: Easy low point recipes

go into the home page of this site and click into
receipes all of Aimees are there to pick and choose from. low points few indredients...

good luck

Also check weightwatchen.com and go to the food blog..over on the right side of the web page you'll see the link to Roni's food page. She's got awesome quick recipes on there and some she has videos for. She makes low point dishes with things you'd probably have on hand. I spend a lot of time on her web site as well as Aimees recipes links.

Stacy-
Are you cooking for yourself or for a family?

I like to get inspiration from some of the low fat cookbooks put out by Weight Watchers and Cooking Light (although these tend to be very involved or require alot of ingredients). I have been doing alot of grilling lately, since the weather is nice outside - anything tastes better on the grill - fish, chicken, veggies.

When my husband is out of town I like to fix a smart ones or lean cuisine and add a salad to it - okay every now and then although if you are watching salt they tend to be high. One of my favorites is the lean cuisine butternut squash ravioli - I pour it on top of some steamed spinach to make it more substantial.

I agree Aimee has some great recipes - also do a google seach for low calorie or low fat recipes - there's tons.

Marilyn

Try the "Steamer" bags made by Ziploc. I saw them on The Biggest Looser - and they are GREAT. Just throw all your ingredients (chix, shrimp, veggies, etc. in the bag, season, zip, shake and zap for 3-5 minutes, everything comes out perfect! Cooking times are printed right on the bag. They come in two different sizes, and are made of a "safe" plastic that does not emit toxins when heated.

I LOVE these things, just in case you couldn't tell!