Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Week 1- Day 1

Started couch to 5 k today.

Brisk 5 minute warmup walk, then alternate 60 seconds of jogging and 90 seconds of walking for a total of 20 minutes.

Re: Week 1- Day 1

I'm with you! I'm on week 4 starting tomorrow. It really works that's for sure and I'm enjoying it. My stamina is getting so much better!

Great Lisa!!

I just sent Marilyn an email asking if she is doing this also, i wasnt sure since no one posted it.

I do know since i am lighter and been exercising for over a year, it wasnt to bad for me.

My daughter went with me and she is over-weight, and it was hard for her, i could tell,BUT she did it. Bless her heart.

Carrying extra weight when running makes a huge difference. I am so ready to go back out today, but i know You need to rest in between.

So come tomorrow.......run,run,run

That's funny that you're ready to run again already, I feel the same way. I can't wait to get to the gym and start on the track (I don't do the treadmill becasue of the walk/run changes in pace). We'll have to keep up with each other and see how it's going. KEep a post going!

Great JOB!

Can I play in your sandbox tooo pleezzzzzzzzzzzzz??

This is something that I could do too. I could start it tomorrow. How about you Tobe?

I need to be doing this too. Sounds like a great idea.

join in everyone--Couch Potato to 5K

http://www.coolrunning.com/cgi-bin/moxiebin/bm_tools.cgi?print=181;s=2_3;site=1

Then we can start a thread to check in on our progress and experience. When we're all done with the 9 week program I challenge YOU to find a 5K to run in. We will have accomplished something great!

Week 1 day 2

day 2 week 1
5 minute brisk walk, then
jog 60 seconds
walk 90 seconds
for a total of 20 minutes

DONE!

Keep in mind for anyone starting out, You only do this routine 3 days a week and ONLY move on to week 2 when You feel You can

Week One, Day One completed.

Goooooooooo Cheryl, i thought i seen You breezin past me!!!

Week 4 day 1
5 min warm up
3 min run
1.5 min walk
5 min run
2.5 min walk
3 min run
1.2 min walk
5 min run
2.5 min walk
cool down

WOW this kicked my butt. I stayed with it though and it felt really good!

did week 6/day 1 today - eeesshhhh is all I can say.

5 min walk
5 min run
3 minute walk
8 minute run
3 minute walk
5 min run
cool down

Don't like doing it but like having it done!
Marilyn

I am so proud of You two

Great job Marilyn! Are your legs hurting? I went to bed the other night with my legs just hurting so bad. I can still feel it today and I'm up for running again tomorrow. I'm really excited though.

Week one and day two completed.

Week 4 day 2 complete

Thanks guys - today I rode my bike outside to switch things up a bit - besides it is sunny and 70 degrees YEAH!

I will do week 6/day 2 tomorrow - or if I go to spin class then on Friday.

And YES Lisa my legs hurt after the first day of week 6 - I got right into a hot bath afterwards - lucky to not have fallen asleep in the tub! They are much better today - but I do find I need to leave a day in between workouts. Day 3 of week 6 is running 25 minutes straight - think I might have to repeat day 1 & 2 a bit - I don't feel Im ready for that yet

Anyhow - keep at it ladies!
Marilyn

Wow running 25 min straight!!!!

That is going to be a real challenge!

Week 1 Day 3 Done

I am going to repeat Week 1 again

week 1 day 2 done tonight. With the alternating walking and jogging I am able to monitor the way I breath in and out. This helps me avoid the side stitch I would always get when I attemped to jog before.

who else is on week 1?

Meee, Chelsie and cheryl is also. I am going to repeat week 1 again. I did week 1 day 3 yesterday, so tomorrow i am going back to week 1 day 1, then after the 3rd day, start Week 2.