Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Join our 5K training program--RUN RUN RUN!

join in everyone--Couch Potato to 5K

http://www.coolrunning.com/cgi-bin/moxiebin/bm_tools.cgi?print=181;s=2_3;site=1

Then we can start a thread to check in on our progress and experience. When we're all done with the 9 week program I challenge YOU to find a 5K to run in. We will have accomplished something great!

Re: Join our 5K training program--RUN RUN RUN!

Who's committed?

Committed is the word Lisa, i knew i wanted to do this before months ago but i also knew i would not be committed to it.
Two weeks ago i was sick, and i knew i couldnt run, but i decided i wanted this to be committed to and what a difference losing weight made for me running.

Im in! sneakers and all!!

YEE HAW!

I am in and starting day one on week one in about half an hour.

Cheryl

RUN!! RUN!! RUN!!

Oh what a feeling.

day 2 week 1
5 minute brisk walk, then
jog 60 seconds
walk 90 seconds
for a total of 20 minutes

Day 2 in the books.

As i said before this program you only do the above routine 3 days a week and then only move onto week 2 when You feel You are ready. You can do week 1 for 2 weeks if You want. Do it at Your own pace

I started this program back in March. I just finished week 5. It gets considerably tougher as you go along, but it is very do-able! I am amazed at the progress I am making. I am looking for a 5k in my area as well to do when I am done. Too bad we can't plan for this as a team :(

If you are like me, better get your music ready - so much easier to run with a distraction!

Marilyn

HA! You mean those dogs that scare the crap out of You as You run past their fenced in yards are not a distraction????

I think I will join in. My day one will be tomorrow. I'll look up the website tonight. Need something to keep me accountable even with excercise. I do much better with a goal in mind.

I hope it will help me be able to jog for longer intervals than what I am now.

Attack dogs - too funny! Haven't had that problem thank goodness.

I actually find it easier to do on the treadmill to keep track of the time and also keeps me running at a faster pace, although I enjoy running outside much more - so much less tedious. I figured once I am able to run the 5k without mixing it up with walking I will take to the streets and just go for time - by then the weather should be much more agreeable (if not hot as heck) to run outside.

How's everyone progressing? Today is my day off from the program - will run tomorrow - try to space it out to do every other day with my biking or spinning in between.

Marilyn

ello Marilyn,
i love the program, it gave me almost a second wind. The past few weeks i was getting in a funk....i didnt want to exercise at all. Last week i went 4 days without any AP's.....that is not like me at all.
As i said i had wanted to do this before months ago and knew i would not be committed to it. I knew it would mean me going outside to face the world and at the time i was not comfortable doing that.....but its a new year and a new me. Now i run like the wind..i think that is a line from Toy Story!!

I would not want to do the c-2-3k on my treadmill, i could if i HAD to, but the incline treadmill is a killer to begin with....let alone tryin to jog on the thing.

Marilyn wasnt You the one that had that bike......i forget what it was called, it wasnt a "normal"bike, i think you stood on it like a scooter....

Marilyn are You going to do the Couch to 15 next??

Wow, couch to 15!!!! I think I will try that after I have reached my goal and run the 5K. It will keep me progressing and give me something to look forward to. A Challenge!

Done with week 4 day 1

This was the hardest day so far, but dooable!

ROCK ON RUNNERS!

I just finished week 6/day 1 - sheesh I am tired but I was able to do it WHOO HOO! I agree with you Lisa, the wk 4/day 1 was significantly more challenging than the rest of the program - I think this must be the transition point of turning it into a true running program - all I know is it was tough, but I really felt I had accomplished something because I was able to do it.

I have heard about cp2 10 k but not 15 - not sure where to find info on either one. I am looking forward to completing the 5k and then being able to sustain this for a while - and run outside and not look like I'm about to have a coronary! I see a shopping trip in my future - cute little running outfit LOL.

I have a regular bike - which I do prefer over every other form of exercise - riding outside. I also have a stationary bike (had to get after my knee surgery doc's orders for my recovery) which I hate and hardly use anymore except when I have no other choice. I also go to Spin classes which I also love. Can't say I LOVE the running yet, or ever will for that matter. What I do love is the calories burned at the end of a session.

BTW - do you all typically use your APs? I rarely do, and I am thinking of adding them in cause I don't know about you, but this running makes me so hungry - eating a BIG salad now and a sammy on FO bread and thinking about what I can have next.

Marilyn

Oh it is 10 not 15..

so Day 1 week 4 is tough huh....i think i am going to do week 1 for another week. I dont feel my lungs let alone my thighs are ready to go from 1 minute to 1 1/2 minutes, not when they suggest only running 3 days a week