Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Heart rate montitor questions

Hi Ladies! I bought a Polar F4 last night off e-bay. I had already scoped out all the information at the Polar website, and knew that was the brand I wanted. I was just trying to decide between the F4 and F6. The F4 had the basic features I wanted so I decided to save a little money and go that route.

So here are my questions...

Where do you place the chest strap and do you find it annoying?

Is there anything important to know about the chest strap placement for an accurate reading?

Do you wear it all day to track calorie use or just when exercising?

How do you convert calories used to AP's?

Any other advice you have would be so welcomed. I am all new to this, but so excited! It should arrive by Wednesday, so I plan to use it the next day, but I have NO CLUE WHAT I AM DOING!

I need help... LOL

Uki

Re: Heart rate montitor questions

Uki- You'll love the HRM. I have the Polar F6. Have used it for about a month. The strap goes under your breasts about the same place your bra band is. In fact I tuck it under the band. Once you get it on you hardly notice it's there. Just be sure that it is snug. You need to moisten (I usually just wet my finger and run it over) the transmitter pads on the strap. I had a hard time understanding the book that came with it but on PolarUSA.com they have a video that is very helpful.

The accepted wisdom on the WW message board is that 100 cal = 1 AP.

I don't usually leave mine on for the whole day, but that might be interesting. I think the test to determine your daily points takes into account your usuall activity for the day. I use mine in the pool as well as in the gym. I've been averaging about 5-8 points per day. It takes a little while getting used to how to get to the different screens but just keep at it.

Pat

Thanks a bunch, Pat!

This is all new to me, so I am learning as I go. I think I will take a look at the tutorial on the Polar website and see how that helps.

It sounds like the most confusing part will be setting and managing all the settings on the watch part.

I am sure I will have more questions once it arrives - I can't wait!!!!

Thanks again,
Uki

I have the F6 and just wear it during my workouts. It has made me feel more comfortable with the APs I add because they are a little harder to earn with the less you weigh. You will probably see a big difference in what the machines say you have burnt campared to this.

I really want one of these. How does it track your calories burned? Do you think it's really accurate? That would be awesome.

My understanding is that it is super accurate in terms of tracking calories burned and that was why I wanted it too. I was tired of trying to guesstimate my Ap's and wanted to know for sure what I was buring and how hard I was working.

Everyone I have talked to loves the Polar products, so I figured that was the way to go. I will let you all know what I think after mine arrives and I use it. I can't wait!!!!

Uki