Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Diet Soda Cake

I have read alot about this WW recipe online and was wondering if anyone has actually made it or tried it. You take a cake mix and just add one can of diet soda to it (some people have said to have added an egg white or two) and thats it - then bake as per the box. I believe it comes out to 2 points for a piece of cake - I will have to check the total points on the cake box and divide it amongst the # of servings to double check.

I was wondering if it is really any good or just wishful thinking Sometimes these recipes are better off un-made.

I might just give it a try and let you all know if its any good - got a free box of duncan hines devils food sitting in my pantry for the longest time. Had to put it on the top shelf (out of eyes view) so I didn't have to see that darn pix anymore.

Marilyn

Re: Diet Soda Cake

Marilyn, I've made the cake and it is good. Try not to make much of those kind of treats anymore. With just 2 of us in the house I end up having to freeze most of it and then I'm stingy with my points and don't want to use them on cake.

Pat

I've also made that cake. It is pretty good. I have also made one with a cake mix and a can of pumkin. That was really good almost like a brownie. Top it with a little ff coolwhip.

I have made the cake too. I made it both with the diet soda and the pumpkin and we decided we liked the pumpkin better. I also made it and used a can of applesauce and that was the favorite in our house. I took a box of devil's food cake mix and added the 15 ounce can of unsweetened applesauce and nothing else. I baked it at 350 degrees for the usual time on the box. Now, it is a moister consistency than a regular cake and that is the case no matter which recipe you use. When you cut it, it kind of falls apart and sticks to the spatula, but we love it. I call it "fudgy cake," because it is a cross between brownies and cake. My kids love it and have no clue that I put applesauce in it.

Oh, DH didn't care for the diet soda recipe because you get that aftertaste from the artificial sweetener in the cake. It didn't bother me because I drink diet pop all the time.

HTH,
Uki

I've made the diet soda cakes numerous times. My favorite is a white cake with diet sunkist bc I cannot find an orange cake anywhere around here. Also love the lemon cake mix with diet lemon lime. I've done choc. with diet cherry pepsi and it was super. I also add one egg.

I made it but i add the egg whites plus soda to the mix only.
Then i add other stuff to it, after its done baking and i come up with Better Than Sex Cake...I seen some people call it Diet Soda Cake

* 1 box Devil's Food Cake mix
* 10-oz Diet Coke or Diet Pepsi
* 1 egg white
* 6-oz fat-free caramel ice cream topping *
* 7-oz fat-free sweetened condensed milk
* 1 cup Skor Bar or Heath Bar bits (found by the choc. chips)
* 1 (8-oz) container fat-free cool whip

*Note that it might not say "fat-free" on the front of the label, but check the nutritional info on the back. I bet it's fat-free. :-)

Directions:

Mix cake mix, egg white and diet soda. Bake at 375 degrees for 35 minutes or until toothpick comes out smooth in a greased 9x13 pan. During the last few minutes of baking, put caramel and condensed milk in a sauce pan and stir on medium low heat until smooth. Take cake out of oven, and poke holes all over the top. Pour caramel mixture over warm cake, filling in the holes. Sprinkle Heath bits over the top, reserving some for the top. Cool completely. Cover with container of fat-free cool whip and sprinkle with remaining heath bits. Put in fridge until ready to serve.

Yields: 24 servings=4 points

This is from http://shadesofjaim.com

She has a Cherry Chocolate one i want to try

I can't and I repeat can't

keep that type of thing in my house. 1 pc and its more and more till i wanna puke...

but it sure sounds good...

Well .....there aint sex in the house..........

this is as close as i get.

But i agree it is a dangerous cake. Gotta have sex just to burn it off

Akus - MONITOR SPEW!! Having sex to burn off Better that Sex Cake...that's a riot! I'm gonna have to try that cake...my birthday is Sunday...hmmm...