Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Couch to 5k ( or beyond)

Started this thread, the other one is getting long.
I was going to do the week 1 again,but decided to try week 2, if i didnt feel comfortable i would switch back to week 1.
But i did week 2 day 1
5 minute warm up
90 second jog
2 minutes of walking
repeat for 20 minutes.

I felt in the "groove" 1/2 in, so it's all good.

Re: Couch to 5k ( or beyond)

Great job! I need to do wk6/day 2 today - gotta get that groove I have so much to do this morning - plus I went to spin last night and I am still tired so I guess it will have to wait for later.

Marilyn

Did week 4 day 3 today. Those 5 minute runs are tiring but I kept up pace today. The other two days I would loose a little bit of distance by the 5th minute. So my goal was to keep pace or gain a little and I actually gained a few feet!!!

Small but substantial goal

HA I need a nap....

LOL Lisa i had an image of you getting new feet, dont ask how i did or why, i just did.

Today was week 2 day one.

My daughters tell me that I can download a podcast for this program that will let you know when it is time to change from walk to jog. Haven't figured that out yet.

Week 2 day 2.

5 minute warm up
90 second jog
2 minutes of walking
repeat for 20 minutes.

I seen that Cheryl on the cool running site,but i know nothing about it.

Week 2 day 3

5 minute warm up
90 second jog
2 minutes of walking
repeat for 20 minutes.

Week 2 day 2 completed.

Got the podcast downloaded. All it took was my getting the directions out for my ipod and reading them. DUH!

I have been out of town and away from my track this week. I got outside Monday in Pocatello, Idaho and it was so cold I couldn't breathe. So I did walking and I'm picking back up Monday with week 5. Tomorrow will be week 4 day 3 again to get me back in the groove.

Sounds like you're all doing so well.

LOL about the gaining feet!

Week 3 day 1

Brisk five minute warm up
Jog 90 seconds
Walk 90 seconds
Jog 3 minutes
Walk 3minutes
Jog 90 seconds
Walk 90 seconds
Jog 3 minutes
Walk 3 minutes

25 minutes

160 total for week
40 to go

Week 3 day 2

Jog 90 seconds
Walk 90 seconds
Jog 3 minutes
Walk 3minutes
Jog 90 seconds
Walk 90 seconds
Jog 3 minutes
Walk 3 minutes

25 minutes

Week three and day one completed.

Week 5 day 1 complete. It's getting harder

this is for yesterday.

Week 3 day 3

Jog 90 seconds
Walk 90 seconds
Jog 3 minutes
Walk 3minutes
Jog 90 seconds
Walk 90 seconds
Jog 3 minutes
Walk 3 minutes

25 minutes

was to tired to post, yesterday, to tired to exercise tonight. I didnt even do my exercise tracker for this week.
Today is my 7th day of work in a row, i still have 7 more to go.....tomorrow i only work till noon, it will feel like a vacation!! I had Saturday off at the one store, but agreed to work at my old store........What the hell they are reimbursing me for the gas$$$$..

Life goes on, i am still OP, still weighing in, still liven the lifestyle..

I got to get a different size work pants, the 10's i have are getting baggy ........thats from the AP's, toning, running, cardio !

Week 4 Day 1

Brisk 5 minute walk

jog 3 minutes
walk 90 seconds
jog 5 minutes
walk 2.5 minutes
jog 3 minutes
walk 90 seconds
jog 5 minutes

week 5 day 2 yesterday

warmup
run 8 min
walk 5 min
run 8 min
cooldown

then I did 10 min on the stairs, weights, lunges and squats a whole bunch. I'm sore today!!! But I burned 750 calories during the workout!

Getting so much harder, my legs hurt today!!! Week 6 day 1 and I feel like i'm going to need to repeat this week. But I'm still moving

DIdn't do so hot today, couldn't get myself to move much so I got in 10 min of running. I'm needing to repeat week 5 I think, week 6 is overwhelmingly hard for me to make it through.

Week 4 Day 2

Brisk 5 minute walk

jog 3 minutes
walk 90 seconds
jog 5 minutes
walk 2.5 minutes
jog 3 minutes
walk 90 seconds
jog 5 minutes

Repeating day 3 of week 6 again. Able to run for 25 minutes but want to increase my speed so I will probably stick at this level until I can achieve this.

I am still amazed that I can run for 25 minutes straight! WHOO HOO!

Marilyn

Completed day one of week 4....it is getting harder...

I really enjoy the running, perhaps because it is outside and during alot of this year while losing weight and getting in shape, i used DVD's indoors.
I thought after not running for a week and in the middle of week 4, day 2 would be hard. I always go with the thought in mind ,"IF", i get tired i can always go back to week 3, but i have to try and do what the program says to do. So far i have finished each week and each day.
Today it is raining, so my AP's will be confined to indoors.
I am looking forward to getting back to the program.

For all who is doing this program it is a great feeling , WOW, look at me i am running!!..

I agree Mariyln, i think we all think like that.

++++WEEK 4 Completed++++

Week 4 Day 3
Brisk 5 minute walk

jog 3 minutes
walk 90 seconds
jog 5 minutes
walk 2.5 minutes
jog 3 minutes
walk 90 seconds
jog 5 minutes

I didn't run very well this week. I switched to core and noticed a big difference in my energy levels, I think because of not eating the simple carbs that give you instant energy. I talked to a leader at weigh-in who said it may take a week or two for my body to adjust.

I had asked at another forum about health and running, etc. If there is anything i should eat before or after a run. They told me that the only thing i am losing running 3 miles is water. Just to keep hydrated before,during and after a run.

My legs were sore yesterday after finishing week 4.
Since i been working non-stop i really have slacked off on my other AP's but have tried to keep the couch to 5 program.
I did do some cardio/toning/weights, Saturday night in between periods of listening the Pens hockey game.

Today i feel like the weather outside. blah and dreary.....

AP's would make me feel better, even if its a mind thing

holy moley!!

Week 5 day 1
Brisk 5 minute walk then:
jog 5 minutes
walk 3 minutes
jog 5 minutes
walk 3 minutes
jog 5 minutes

During the second 5 minutes i wanted to QUIT!! but i didnt. I kept pushing. I did it.
Day 1 in the books.

Kim-
Keep with it - you are doing great!

I am still working on week 6/7 walking for 5 minutes then running for 25 - trying to increase my speed. I go as fast as possible for me - but I get my 25 minutes in regardless.

Does anyone else get SUPER hungry afterwards - maybe I need to eat different stuff - working on trying more protein, but perhaps I need more carbs?

Marilyn

walk, jog, run, walk, laydown

I need a nap after reading your workout Kim

Nah, i cant say i get super hungry after running, or even hungry where my belly is growling and i feel like i am starving. I have read on other forums, where once they ran they felt so hungry. I wonder if its our minds are hungry,telling us we can eat because we RAN.

That gives me hope that you're still on week 6 because that is the week I'm struggling with too. I can't run the 25 min straight yet. That was a big leap but I'll keep working on it. I get hungry and usually eat a banana to regain some energy after. It just takes a lot out of you.

Will do day 2 of week 5 tomorrow. Think I will probably be stuck here for a couple of weeks but will keep on pushing. Tomorrow will be walk 5, run 8, walk 5, run 8. Might be able to get through that one. Pretty sure I don't run the distance they want you to shot for but my legs are so short.

short legs huh, I'll have to use that excuse That's a good one.

Did well with the run this morning. I was surprised. Friday will be the 20 minute run after the first 5 minutes of brisk walking. Maybe I will surprise myself again.

Yep my stride is mighty short making the distance short. I think my pedometer is set for 16 maybe 18 inches. Kind of short I would say.