Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I'm STRESSED

This is kind of a vent to anyone that will listen. My company sent me to Chicago a couple weeks ago - mandatory - for some insurance and technical training for my job. I made a lot of personal sacrafices so I could attend. My husband missed a day of work, I missed my weekend job, and my kids had to do without me for 4 days. Since I'm hourly I presumed I'd be getting paid for that weekend of training/travel. Goes to show you that someones "word" means nothing unless it's on paper for proof when you need it. I turned in my hours like the other 9 ladies did and we were informed that we were not going to be paid. We were supposed to have a meeting yesterday morning b/c we all were so upset. The boss ended up postponing the meeting until 3:00 today. I found out that he's not paying us b/c in Feb. when he took the drs. on the trip several of them pitched a fit that we were going to be paid and they were not --HELLO--the DRs make DR pay and they are salary--goes along with being salary. This isn't even legal for him to not pay us hourly folks but that is exactly what he's done.

It's taking everything I have in me not to reach for everything in my lunch bag--it's all healthy, but still--I eat when I'm stressed out. To say this "is not fair" is an understatement.

In addition, it's that time of year where I start applying at all the school corps. (so I can get a real job and use my degree). It is such as process. It would be nice if everywhere had a standard application process, but it's all different at every corporation. I have several dead lines for teaching positions and I'm so unorganized at the moment.

And my problem patient won't stop calling an harrassing me today.

Re: I'm STRESSED

Hey Carrie
in another program that I'm in we call what your going thru..
"life on lifes terms"

sucks sometimes but hindsight we learn from it..

If you stay with this Co. next time they ask you to travel, your answer should be a big fat NO... if they can't reinburse you or pay for your needs, if it was me I wouldn't go..
and if it meant working elsewhere thats what I would do, remember us women are not door-mats for anyone or anything...

and don't sabotage your Weight Loss for someone else.
in my meeting this morning we talked about this same thing..

I had a reply of course to my leader, and I said..

We show them and hurt us....

well no more.... this is about us, as strong minded
and willful women to take care of our needs before anyone elses.
Thats the way I live today anyway.. me first!!!
bottom line!!!!

hang in there girl! and get yourself destressed with some breathing in and out....

Tobe,

The trip was paid for by the company that hosted us (all meals, hotel, bus fees, etc.) The trip didn't cost me, except for having to work the overtime and the personal cost to me. We were working the entire weekend and then the travel back home. I will never do this again without something in writing that we will be paid. I wish you all could be flies on the wall at this afternoons meeting b/c it's not going to be pretty.

I don't want to give that idiot further satisfaction by giving into the demons within. I'm taking today minute by minute, literally. It's a good thing I'm not at home b/c it would be harder there.

UPDATE =

Apparently my boss (who doesn't have any brains) contacted an attorney...and was told he had to pay us. HAHAHAHA!!

So, I'm gettin paid

And, I stayed OP during all this stress!!

Gogd going Carrie, haha and he thought he was sooooo slick..

and your slick you stayed OP...

Carrie, we all have dealt with emotional eating. If we eat to ease the pain.frustration,guilt,anger.sadness,happiness or any other emotion we experience we would be eating all the time. Some of us did, i was one of those eaters. That is why i was 70 pounds overweight.
I have dealt with issues in my life during this time. most of them fincial,some of them with my personal life, some with my family and my daughters. I even remember bouncing a check for Weight Watchers. However, as much as i wanted to, i never went back to food for comfort. If i went back one time i would do it again and again. It never solved anything in the past, and i dont want it to become a habit of when something goes wrong in my life i resort back to eating. If i do then all i learned from WW was how to lose weight......i have not learned how to eat, when to eat, or how to control my eating. Instead i took the tools WW taught me and used them, its not always easy, but as it has been said here, Its doable!!!

Carrie, good job staying OP during that. Glad you are getting paid. You (and me) got lots of valuable advice from all these wonderful women.

Pat

Carrie, good for you that you stayed OP. Between you and your sister you've got some crazy bosses. You've come too far to let someone cause you to slip up. Like I told you a couple of weeks ago, you've done an amazing job on WW and you are my hero. Hang in there and I'll be thinking of you.

Thanks Crystal. I think my sis's boss is the worse than mine.

Carrie,We had a very simular situation at my office.I work for a dentist.I am happy everything worked out for you.