Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: OP Wed 4/23

Here and OP, one more day.

Whats with the struggle Laura wanna elaborate
maybe we can give you a few good suggestions!!!!

I'll be Lauderdale Marilyn, just going for the sun, so to me Fla is Fla.. when I have the beach right here, but still too windy off the ocean to veggg out for any length of time for some true tanning..

I am heading to the Bay side in a few.... once I get the dogs taken care of then the day is mine.

Tobe, just the same ol' struggle. After I weigh in on Friday I start to eat anything and as much of it as I want, I have no control. I can't stop and this goes on all weekend. Then I weigh myself and believe it or not I have gained 7-8 lbs. (I'm not exaggerating at all). Then I spend the rest of the week trying to get that weight off plus a loss. I know it's wrong and is defeating the purpose of going to WW, but I keep doing it. I'm so mad and frustrated with myself
Laura

ok Laura so this Fri how about trying it for 1 day, to stay OP.. how delighted you'll be to get one good
weekend day in and then you'll want to follow the
next day, and before you know it the weekend is over
and it was a successful one..

Fri is two days away, so start talking to yourself. today...

when you feel like going on a bender come in here and post. and one of us is usually kicking around. heck, if you want my cell # let me know, I'll be more than willing to do a buddy system set up with you over the weekend... I have no earthshaking plans except maybe a day or two on the beach. depending on what the outlook weather wise is for this weekend..

I did spend a few hrs there today, it was heaven.
I actually stepped into the frigid water, but that was about it .... a step..

Tobe, you are so awesome to even suggest me calling you. I think I'll give what you said a try. I'll make myself stay OP Friday. The only thing is I have to go out to dinner with family Sat. night. When I go out I just want to eat whatever I want, I don't want to be the only one watching what they're eating. Why do I feel that way? It's like I feel I'm missing out on something, but really if I stay OP I'll be so much happier than if I eat that greasy steak or whatever. Thanks again for offering your cell # (that's very kind of you) but I think the long distance calls would cost me tons because I have a lot to talk about. I could email you if I'm ready to blow it. Are you ever on AIM (aol instant messenger)?

Laura

llaura
if you call my cell you don't pay for it it goes on my minutes which i have tons to spare..
or else email me toin16@comcast.net

this new email isn't set up for IM.. i don't think anyway,.

when you go to the restaurant on Sat nite, order what you want, but choose something not so fattening, have that steak with a baked potato, don't put anything on the potato, maybe ask for salsa on the side, hae a large salad with dressing on the side also..

ask the waiter/waitress to bring you a box when the meal comes, put half the portion in it and just eat whats on your plate.
hey you have two meals for the price of one..

These are all the things brought up in a WW meeting.

you'll be fine, with a good mindset before you go out..
all you need to deal with right now is "today"

Dear Laura....
Tell me why You have to watch what the others eat?? You can eat anything on WW, as long as You account for the points. You have the 35 weekly points to use. You want to eat a greasy steak, do it, maybe just eat less of it.
I will never understand the thinkin of women i hear the go WW and then go and pig out at a resturant, because they think they have all week to work it off. They do this week after week and the mind becomes use to it, and the belly/body follows, its becomes a habit.
Use the tools WW has and get out of the circle. I use to read weight loss blogs all the time and the common theme seems to be. I am OP all week and weekends i am not. Being OP 5 days will not unravel 2 days of gorging/non-OP, not when the behavior is consistent week in and week out.
Op is not a 5 day plan. OP is a lifestyle plan...

You have to decide what You want, to be OP or not to be OP......btw if i ever had a blog that is what i would call it .

Good luck, just know ALL of us have been in Your shoes.

Laura,

Give us an idea of what you like to eat when you eat out and we can help you turn that into a WW meal.

I love to eat out and I love to try different things, so what I do is TOTALLY research the menu at whatever restaurant we plan to go to so I can have my meal all picked out before I go. If it is a last minute thing, could you choose someplace like Applebee's that has a WW menu?

You don't have to choose the "diet plate" everywhere you go. Red Lobster has AWESOME choices, so does Olive Garden, and steak isn't bad either if you choose something like the petite filet mignon. I love to get that with a baked sweet potato. The spud is so good it doesn't need a topping. Lots of places offer grilled seafood which is great too.

Let us know what you crave when you go out and we will weight watcherize it.

Hugs,
Uki

haha Kim

thats me to be or not to be thats the question, and hell I'm still trying to figure out who I am..

LOL..........

Thanks for all your support ladies and words of wisdom. I know the right things to do like choosing grilled, baked, dressing on the side etc. My problem is why do I do these things, like go off program for several days and then back on for 4 and think it's going to work when I know darn well it's not. I need to find out what the real problem is inside my head. I need a "shrink", maybe they could help me figure myself out. Anyways, I'm doing good today and that's what I have to do, just take each day, hour, minute at time. Akus, I know it doesn't make any sense as to why we women do it and that's what I'm trying to find out, why I do it. Thanks again ladies.
Laura

op today.

I know what you are going through Laura. One thing that has always helped me was knowing that just because I messed up one meal or at too many points in that day doesnt mean I have to keep doing it all week. If I mess up I accept it and move on. tommorrow is always a new day. we all choose whether it is op or not.

I have always loved that expression about how if you drop 1 egg and break it, you don't throw away the entire dozen! That helped me a lot. I used to always think in terms of black and white - I was either OP 100% or not OP at all. It took time for me to realize that there will be small slipups along the way, but that doesn't mean I totally throw in the towel. If this is to be a lifestyle, than there needs to be some give and take. It's all about balance. You can do this, Laura. I know you can.

Hugs,
Uki

Thanks Chelsie and Uki. I know I can do this, that's what I have to keep telling myself.
Laura

Op with you all.

Laura-

Maybe you should change your weigh in day to Monday - so you will be more focused over the weekend? Just an idea...I know when I have to face the scale I stay OP better.

Marilyn

Many years ago mu weigh in day was Mon and a survey was taken, on which group lost the most weight out of the 7 days in a week.. Mon was the day,

I weigh in on Tues and I'm real careful SAt, Sun and Mon...

Maybe a different day is the way to go instead of a Fri.. like your doing now..

I'll give that some thought.
Laura