Welcome to
Aimee's Adventures
Message Board!!!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Update on Core

Well I finished my first week on Core. Lost 1/2 # but didn't weigh at normal time or day. It is sooooo liberating to not have to weigh and measure my foods. I seem to be doing pretty well in not overeating. Guess the year of flex taught me something. I've eaten several new to me grains. My lunch today was a quinoa salad with chopped veggies and white beans with a FF roasted red pepper dressing. It was delicious and very filling. Before this I had never eaten quinoa or bulger and I like them both. My frig is full brom all the fresh veggies I have on hand. My only concern about the Core plan is when we are on vacation so will switch back to flex for that time. If you have ever thought of trying Core I encourage you to try it for a couple weeks.

Pat

Re: Update on Core

I will try core one day. I dont count weigh measure or journal but try to eat healthy most of the time and weigh myself a few times a week.

Patty,

what are you eating for breakfast??

Carrie, Breakfast most days is steel cut oats (also called Irish oats). They are much hardier than the rolled oats. The directions say to cook them for 30 minutes. I've found that if you boil the water then add the oats and cover and turn off the heat that they "cook" on their own in about 8 hours. I make 4 servings at a time and let them "cook" overnight. Then I divide into 4 dishes and refrig. In the AM I put a serving in the micro for 2.5 min and breakfast is ready. To add more fiber I add 1/2 cup Fiber one. It is very filling, keeps me all morning.
The other cereal I have is shredded wheat. Sometimes add fruit and some skim milk.
Of course you could have eggs and toast and count the points for the toast.

Pat